Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pulled the trigger: Diablosport Predator & AFE intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:02 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Pulled the trigger: Diablosport Predator & AFE intake

Finally pulled the trigger on a tuner and intake. Got an awesome deal on it:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6.htm

It comes with a tune, but anyone know a good person with the preds? Can't wait to install it!!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:49 PM
maagster
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Pulled the trigger: Diablosport Predator & AFE intake

I was wondering... i thought the diablo is only for GT???
Old 10-03-2005, 06:04 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I did too, but found out with the latest flash/software upgrade, it now supports the 6's.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

what tune does it come with? i was thinking about getting the xcal2 with tunes from lidio at alternative auto, but im looking for 20 hp gain, just wondering how hard it was to install, how much did it cost altogether and was the install hard if you did it yourself?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:42 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

It comes with a cold air intake tune and is good for 22 RWHP gain. I ordered it today, and will install it wednesday night....so I'll post more then.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

OK first of all I hate to burst your bubble, but the Diablo tuner will not give you 22 hp on a stock or even slightly modified car. The tuner allows you to reset your top speed, change shift points and remove the rev limitator, all give you a slight boost in hp, as well as tamper with your fuel injectors and your cooling system, this I would get a professional to do. Now it is an awsome tuner that allows you to do many things, but this will not give you 22 more rwhp, maybe 10, but not much more on a 6. Also if you have installed a cai you are only getting between 5-10 rwhp. I know the ads say otherwise, but its bs. The adverage hp gain on any v6 stang is between 5-10 rwhp with a cai, because no matter who makes them or what they claim they do, you are still just removing your stock airbox, the paper filter, and the wire MAF filter thats it. Now unless you change out your throttle body you are still restricting airflow because you can still only shove so much air into your intake manifold though your stock throttle body. So the next thing I would do is to change out my throttle body with a high flow throttle body to allow for maximum airflow into the engine. Yet again you will only see about a 5 hp gain with a high flow throttle body, but with a cai, your new total hp is increased to around 8-15. Now you will still need to change your gears and add a t-lok differential in because some of this added hp will be lost when being converted to the rear wheels, but you will notice a difference, this is what I need to do next. So as I said a million times, don't believe everything you see in an ad because most of its bs, yes all bolt ons will give you an hp bost, but the increase will be fairly minimal.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 AM
pzrobpz

thats not true... this guy on stangnet.com forums had his car dynoed with just a tune and an intake... on his second dyno it showed an increaste of about 25 rwhp... compare his dyno to that of a stock mustang v6.... http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/.../john_dyno.jpg
Old 10-04-2005, 02:03 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

He probably had other things on the car that the ad didn't state, and if he didn't he had the ecu professionally tuned. The adverage everyday person can not get these types of gains with a tuner without some good knowledge and know how. But I still think that the car had dual exhaust, and probably underdrive pulleys to get those numbers. Good luck with your unit and I hope you like it, but just don't think your're going to get these types of gains, thats all.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:58 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thanks JThorn9, I appreicate the detailed feedback and will reset my expectatins on 22hp. I knew I will need a professional tune. However, on the AFE intake, I have been watching that one closely as Afixer provided the test car for AFE. He put several posts up with dyno's of increases without any tune at all on our cars, and got an 11hp gain, which I think is very good for a CAI with no tune. This in combination of the Pred adjusting the shift points has me pretty jazzed up. Of course my car will be a work in progress over the next 3 years.

I'll see if I can get it to a dyno and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The guy with that screaming yellow is scrming, and to my knowledge, at the time of the tune he had a MMR stage 2 intake, magnaflow axeback exhaust and paid a professional to tweak his SCT tune. From what I hear, the guy who did his tune is a expert with the SCT. Following that he did a tlock, lowering springs, Zex kit, etc. But this is if my memory serves me right from reading all his posts. But it just reinforces the fact that I will need a expert to professional tune my ride.

Thanks all!

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger: Diablosport Predator & AFE intake