Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rear end swap gone bad...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Rear end swap gone bad...

I just reached the end of my install and I had forgot to dump the old oil and put in the royal purple gear oil I purchased. I have a 4033-G2 ford racing diff cover. I couldn't reach the fill hole properly so I was using a small bit of rubber hose on the end of the oil jug. Long story short while emptying the first of three bottles the rubber hose slipped off and ended up inside the rear end. Do I need to take the cover off to get it out? I would assume it would get grinded to ****...and being plastic it wouldn't hurt anything. I'm asking if there is harm in leaving it in there....two issues are holding me up from removing the cover...

Three of the provided Allen key screws are stripped...not to mention I don't have enough oil to start over..I'm in a rear pickle...any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:34 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Where are the other two stooges? Did they help or did you manage alone.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 PM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Looks like the collective actually helped you, rather than the borderline rude reply you got here.

I hope it went well and your rear end is ok though. The stuff you've done on your V6 has been really inspiring to me.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by steev
Looks like the collective actually helped you, rather than the borderline rude reply you got here.

I hope it went well and your rear end is ok though. The stuff you've done on your V6 has been really inspiring to me.

Yeah, I got it sorted out over there. Thanks for the positive feedback lol. If I can do the stuff Ive done anybody can do it. Before i bought this car I never even changed my own oil let alone turn a wrench. Forums like is and the mostly good people out there that are willing to help folks are a big part of how I was able to do what I've done so far.

It was a really long weekend. I installed the rest of the parts I've been hording the past couple years. I installed Koni yellows w/gt500 strut mounts and Vogtland springs. I also put in J&M Adjustable UCA, LCAs & Adj Panhard rod. The 8.8 rear I swapped in came with w/4.10s pre-installed and I threw on a set of GT takeoff sways w/new bushings. Today I finished up by putting in new brake pads, bleeding the lines and adding the fluid to the rear. It's been up in the air all weekend and I'm to tired now to take it off the stands and take it out for spin. Tomorrow should be interesting....

Last edited by Topless Stang; 04-15-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
Where are the other two stooges? Did they help or did you manage alone.
why dont you take you and your worthless posts and GTFO

glad you got it figured out topless
Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Some can do the work and others criticize
what they cannot even comprehend doing.
Let us know what tomorrow brought.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
Some can do the work and others criticize
what they cannot even comprehend doing.
Let us know what tomorrow brought.
Yeah that guy was a douche lol....tomorrow brought a very bouncy ride lol. Hopefully those springs settle down. other than that it was great. I need to pick up a large wrench today so i can properly adjust my panhard rod. The rear tire on the driver side pokes out a bit further than the other side, so I should be able to fix that without issue.

I'm moving in 30 days. After that I'm going to get it aligned and properly tuned. I can't afford to do any of that stuff prior to the move though. My install weekend was done now so I didn't have to move all of those parts for the 4th time lol. All thats left of my pallet 'o parts are new lights. I'm keeping all of that boxed up until I swap in my new front & rear bumpers. I already have a GT500 rear bumper & I'm going to pick up a Roush front bumper in August along with a GTS-4 hood. I hope to finally be done with the larger mods this year. Getting that supercharger in along with these suspension upgrades was the hardest part of my planned mods. The rest of the stuff I have planned should be relatively simple.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Glad you got it sorted out.

Originally Posted by steev
It's not always all sunshine and flowers over there either. In general it's a pretty decent helpful group here, of course there is the occasional exception unfortunately.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

I like both sites....That is the 1st time I got that type of reply at either site. I've been fortunate enough to not run afoul of any trolls/douchebags lol.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:48 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Topless Stang
I like both sites....That is the 1st time I got that type of reply at either site. I've been fortunate enough to not run afoul of any trolls/douchebags lol.
yea dont worry that guy has been running around making douchey and false posts for the last couple days. hes currently the worst poster on this site lol

Quick Reply: Rear end swap gone bad...