Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
Now that you have this thing screaming, I'd like to share some info I've learned with my Pro Charger setup. But I see you're from NJ so maybe you won't be running it in the colder weather.

Here in SC, I can drive all year long but during the cooler months I have some issues with condensation. I run "2" catch cans on mine to ensure I collect all the oil/water that spews out of the valve covers (pic below). Either way you'll need at least one catch can.

Secondly, make sure you never lose the plastic washer for the dip stick. If you run it without the plastic washer it will push oil out of the top and you could burn up the blower. This is from my own experience. :-)

Have fun!

If you're gonna run a setup like that you def. have them on the wrong side.... The PCV side on the 4.0 is the passenger side, not the driver side. I have a single UPR catch can on the passenger side and have no issues with condensation on my Vortech setup and it catches a good bit of blow by. I have a home made one similar to a Steeda catch can on the driver side and I have caught maybe a drop of oil in 2+ years. Are you even getting anything in the cans on the driver side?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

My PCV (passenger side) is routed with a T-connection to the catch cans. I too only get a few drops of oil, but during the cooler temps those few drops of oil mixed with the condensation causes a good amount of misty foam. Not sure how to fix that.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:09 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
My PCV (passenger side) is routed with a T-connection to the catch cans. I too only get a few drops of oil, but during the cooler temps those few drops of oil mixed with the condensation causes a good amount of misty foam. Not sure how to fix that.
Ahh I see what you are saying. I did get that when I first installed the supercharger and it got colder but haven't had a condensation issue since, possibly beat on it a little when its colder to burn it off!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
Depends significantly on the setup.

And, take from those of us who've been there: do not obsess over dyno numbers. Enjoy your car, do what you want to it. You'll usually be disappointed if you worry about what numbers a dyno produces.

Besides, what counts is when you're behind the wheel driving it! That's all that matters.
In the words of my favorite TV Character

That Fo real YO
Old 10-31-2013, 04:02 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Agree. My numbers aren't great but the car is fun to drive. Lots of torque down low but not so much at high speed, so it's a fun street cruiser. I'm sure the 3.7 is even more fun than my 4.0.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:26 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

I'm Having fuel issues . just installed JMS PowerMax fuel booster this weekend. I Ill be running it on Dyno one more time this weekend I hope.
I will update if some more impressive number are put down.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:09 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by runninpony6
I'm Having fuel issues . just installed JMS PowerMax fuel booster this weekend. I Ill be running it on Dyno one more time this weekend I hope.
I will update if some more impressive number are put down.
What is that? Sounds like some eBay "power chip"
Old 11-07-2013, 12:19 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
What is that? Sounds like some eBay "power chip"
Check them out online. They don't make a pump big enough to handle all the HP that guys are putting out so they developed the voltage boosters. Ford uses them on there SVT. Vehicles they work off a boost gauge so voltage is controlled. Nice system not an "ebay" product for sure
Old 11-20-2013, 08:03 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

SCT iTSX tuner crashed again on Wednesday night while on DYNO! Just received my new hand held SCT device yesterday. Stopped by shop and had it Married to car and check functions. All in working order. Will be making my final passes this weekend I hope, then it will time to visit ATCO to race a certain brother of mine with an SS.
Get out the popcorn!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:36 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

My friends shop ran a 2013 3.7L upto 500 rwhp, before the engine popped. Around 400 to 420 seems to be the safe spot any higher and things pop.

Quick Reply: V6 Dyno results