Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How to lower the car???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Torkfastback
1st Gear Member

Default How to lower the car???

I want to lower my 06 for appearance and put on some nice chrome 19s or 20s. I am very capable with working around cars, but have never done a spring change to lower a car. Can anybody direct me to a site that has step by step instructions for replacing the springs? If I stay with a progressive spring (Eibach Pro) that only drops 1 to 1.5" will there be any need to adjust alighnment? I would prefer to just buy the springs, put them on, and have the car lower without any further required work. Is that possible or am I missing more to this job?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How to lower the car???

Nah, its very possible to install the springs and have it drop the inch or two, theres a few guys on here that had it done, I dont know if it was by themselves or by shops, I'd try and find em.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:59 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

can you post pics of your car after it's lowered, i was thinking about doing it but i wasnt sure how it would look
Old 10-24-2005, 12:38 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

It is possible to do the springs yourself, but unless you have a lift it will be a pain, the best thing to do is to take it to a shop and save yourself the time and effort. Oh, please for the love of god don't go any higher than 18" rims, in my opinion, 19 and 20" rims are not for stangs, more for trucks, but not a stang. Go to tirerack.com they allow you to see the rims on your car before you buy them.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Torkfastback
1st Gear Member

Thanks. I am on a military base and have access to a lift and any/all tools. As far as the wheels, I will check it out...

Anywhere that I can read/see instructions on exactly what steps are accomplished for the spring change? I am sure that one of the car mags have a tech article "how to" for the 05 lowering kits?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Maybe, but go to the v6, 2.3L, and turbo forum and post your question there. That forum has several people that have had their spings done and did it themselves. You will get a much better responce there.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:46 PM
mtal1259
1st Gear Member

I am having Eibach Sportline springs put on later this week. I have 20's and I think my car looks terrible without the drop. I actually didnt put on the wheels, it was a dealer-add when I bought it new. But I like the 20's...
Old 10-24-2005, 08:11 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

I saw a dealership as well with a sonic blue v6 vert with 20 inch aftermarket rims. It looked okay.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:51 AM
05redfireV6

Check out these pics with the stock 17" bullit rims. The car has the Eibach pro-kit, but the rims and tires fill up the wheel wells nicely. You have to click on the camera next to my name which should take you to my photo album. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to attach it.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:21 AM
Torkfastback
1st Gear Member

Wow... That looks like a great drop. Pro series did that? Dyou do it? Did you need to adjust camber? Did you get a 4 wheel allighnment? Any help/details on the springs will really help when I do it.

Thanks...great looking ride!!!

Quick Reply: How to lower the car???