Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What does TSB stand for?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 08:55 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default What does TSB stand for?

Can some one tell me what TSB means,I know it has something to do with problems that a specific vehicle has been having with numorous owners so they announce to Ford to just fix it. Like that popping in my suspension that I was hearing that the dealer ship fixed

The reason I post a thread is cause I just looked at the GT forums and saw a thread about " Sqeaky Breaks" I so seems there is a TSB out for that. Something about different brake pads are need to solve the problem. My brakes speak a little bit when I slow down to a stop & Im only at 5900 Miles!! Should I ask them next time I go in. I said something about it last time and they just said its normal for the brakes to experence a little speaking. That was at 5,000 miles, Im at 5900 right now and Im still hearing it. what do yall think

I've also heard a TSB about the "Slow Fill" with the gas tanks. Seems right after I read the thread about that I was filling up last night and when I pulled the lever and went to leave it in the high nothch so it will fill by it self, I went to the back of my car and it clicked off like as if my tank was already full. I pulled the handle to give it more gas and went for a couple of more dollars and then clicked off again! So I ended up holding the nossle while I pumped the gas till the tank was full. Weird What do yall think

Any similar experiences would be helpful thanks
Old 11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What does TSB stand for?

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Can some one tell me what TSB means,I know it has something to do with problems that a specific vehicle has been having with numorous owners so they announce to Ford to just fix it. Like that popping in my suspension that I was hearing that the dealer ship fixed

The reason I post a thread is cause I just looked at the GT forums and saw a thread about " Sqeaky Breaks" I so seems there is a TSB out for that. Something about different brake pads are need to solve the problem. My brakes speak a little bit when I slow down to a stop & Im only at 5900 Miles!! Should I ask them next time I go in. I said something about it last time and they just said its normal for the brakes to experence a little speaking. That was at 5,000 miles, Im at 5900 right now and Im still hearing it. what do yall think

I've also heard a TSB about the "Slow Fill" with the gas tanks. Seems right after I read the thread about that I was filling up last night and when I pulled the lever and went to leave it in the high nothch so it will fill by it self, I went to the back of my car and it clicked off like as if my tank was already full. I pulled the handle to give it more gas and went for a couple of more dollars and then clicked off again! So I ended up holding the nossle while I pumped the gas till the tank was full. Weird What do yall think

Any similar experiences would be helpful thanks
TSB - Technical Service Bulletin... Bascially like you said they are for 'known" problems... but short of a recall...

And yes there is a TSB for the gas tank problem... they will put a new tank in for you... In the mean time you can always try turning the nozzle upside down... or some times even a 90 degree angle...