Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

magnaflow duals info

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 04:50 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: magnaflow duals info

I agree with this 100%

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

I think its much easier and cost efficient to just notch out the original V6 bumper. You can cut the bumper according to where the muffler tip exits and have less hassle adjusting the exhuast to fit the hole on a GT bumper. from what i read, there seems to be a lot of cases where the V6 dual kits are not lining up with the GT bumper. it looks like more money is being spent to correct this than originally planned........this is just my opinion and not tryin to start any arguments but why would people use GT parts on their V6? (GT bumper, GT fog lights for example).......we have V6's and i wouldnt want to look silly to try to fool people who dont know everything about the new stangs into thinking i have a GT. thats why ford came out with the pony grill so that it distinguishes itself from the GT grill with fog lights and also new wheels for the pony package......maybe this could be an interesting debate in a new thread (there is a very good one going on in the 4.6 forum about "RICER" looking stangs)......i just think duals looks very nice on the stock V6 bumper with the notched out hole.....keeps it from "trying" to look like a GT....the day i want my stang looking just like a GT, i will go and buy an actual GT.....i will get pics posted of my notched out bumper with duals tonight or 2morrow for any who are interested.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:33 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I have yet to cut my bumper. I'm going to try and make time this weekend. It looks pretty silly hangin low right now.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:45 PM
mtal1259
1st Gear Member

I think its much easier and cost efficient to just notch out the original V6 bumper. You can cut the bumper according to where the muffler tip exits and have less hassle adjusting the exhuast to fit the hole on a GT bumper. from what i read, there seems to be a lot of cases where the V6 dual kits are not lining up with the GT bumper. it looks like more money is being spent to correct this than originally planned........this is just my opinion and not tryin to start any arguments but why would people use GT parts on their V6? (GT bumper, GT fog lights for example).......we have V6's and i wouldnt want to look silly to try to fool people who dont know everything about the new stangs into thinking i have a GT. thats why ford came out with the pony grill so that it distinguishes itself from the GT grill with fog lights and also new wheels for the pony package......maybe this could be an interesting debate in a new thread (there is a very good one going on in the 4.6 forum about "RICER" looking stangs)......i just think duals looks very nice on the stock V6 bumper with the notched out hole.....keeps it from "trying" to look like a GT....the day i want my stang looking just like a GT, i will go and buy an actual GT.....i will get pics posted of my notched out bumper with duals tonight or 2morrow for any who are interested.

I agree with you about it being more cost efficient "notching" the bumper, but I have seen some that dont look so good, and I am sure in every case, you can tell it was cut. If I didnt have a problem spending $30K on a car, I am not too concerned about spending another couple hundred bucks to do it right. Of course, I had no idea the bumpers were different and that I would have to spend $300 having the exhaust modified. I would have just had a custom exhaust made, and it would have been much cheaper than the $450 I paid for the exhaust, plus $100 for the install, plus the $300 for the modification.

As far as your opinion about "trying to make my car look like the GT to fool people", I completely disagree with you. In 2005, the GT fogs were not available, nor was the pony package. I also happen to like the looks of the GT style fogs much more than the pony package, even though they looks more retro. But I am certainly not trying to look like a GT, if I wanted a GT, I would have bought a GT. In fact, the body kit I bought included the GT gas tank emblem, and I DID NOT install it, because I DONT HAVE A GT!!

Old 11-18-2005, 11:15 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Me and a buddy put my pipes on last night and i love them....and this is comming from a guy that has been riding around without a muffler for about 2wks and oh yea the magnaflow and worth it. I payed about $414 for them and installed them myself. The only problem was the midpipe, we had to saw it in half to get it out. Other then that the exhaust installed pretty fast we were done in less then an hour. I will post pics soon. I couldnt find the other bracket for the drivers side hanger so it is doing alittle gangster lean right now but when i got to work this morning i so it under the car so we are going to put it on when i get off. Other then that everything is good. And yes i do notice a difference, my car is alittle quicker then it used to be.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:05 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mtal1259

I agree with you about it being more cost efficient "notching" the bumper, but I have seen some that dont look so good, and I am sure in every case, you can tell it was cut. If I didnt have a problem spending $30K on a car, I am not too concerned about spending another couple hundred bucks to do it right. Of course, I had no idea the bumpers were different and that I would have to spend $300 having the exhaust modified. I would have just had a custom exhaust made, and it would have been much cheaper than the $450 I paid for the exhaust, plus $100 for the install, plus the $300 for the modification.

As far as your opinion about "trying to make my car look like the GT to fool people", I completely disagree with you. In 2005, the GT fogs were not available, nor was the pony package. I also happen to like the looks of the GT style fogs much more than the pony package, even though they looks more retro. But I am certainly not trying to look like a GT, if I wanted a GT, I would have bought a GT. In fact, the body kit I bought included the GT gas tank emblem, and I DID NOT install it, because I DONT HAVE A GT!!

I agree with you very much on this. I have GT body kit, but no GT emblems. Nothing wrong with going for the fogs, and have a properly notched bumper.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:40 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

there is nothing wrong with getting the gt bumper as long as you are not trying to be a gt wanna be. its just cheaper to keep the stock bumper, but if i had to money i would probably get the gt bumpers too.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

there is nothing wrong with getting the gt bumper as long as you are not trying to be a gt wanna be. its just cheaper to keep the stock bumper, but if i had to money i would probably get the gt bumpers too.
You're right. In my situation I was lucky, my parking garage smashed my bumper, and by getting GT take offs myself, I was able to go witht he bumpers, wheels and rockers for just a 200 more.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:54 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

i wish that would have happened to me....

I would cry for awhile "ahhhh my car' but then after i found that out i would be good....lol
Old 11-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

thanks for your opinions fellas......just thought this would be a good side topic to discuss a bit. Does anyone have any dyno results with the maganflows or any other duals?.....i'm still waiting to see if anyone has done a dyno with the JBA h-pipe.......by the way, i posted two pics that i took yesterday in a new post....here are the pics if anyone is interested (low quality since i took pics in the evening).......more and better pics are coming today or 2morrow.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...3/MyStang1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...3/MyStang2.jpg
Old 11-18-2005, 03:02 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

thanks for your opinions fellas......just thought this would be a good side topic to discuss a bit. Does anyone have any dyno results with the maganflows or any other duals?.....i'm still waiting to see if anyone has done a dyno with the JBA h-pipe.......by the way, i posted two pics that i took yesterday in a new post....here are the pics if anyone is interested (low quality since i took pics in the evening).......more and better pics are coming today or 2morrow.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...3/MyStang1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...3/MyStang2.jpg
I havent seen dyno's yet but nice pics

Quick Reply: magnaflow duals info