Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

magnaflow duals info

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 05:23 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: magnaflow duals info

Did you clear the spare tire well ok? Did you notch your bumper yet? I'm cutting my bumper tomorrow morning.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:28 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: burdweiser

Did you clear the spare tire well ok? Did you notch your bumper yet? I'm cutting my bumper tomorrow morning.
i still need to do some adjustments so, because it still rattles alittle but. Im not sure when i will notch the bumper but i will get around to it soon. Post some picks after you do yours i want to see how it turns out.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:19 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

finally got pics, i still need to do some adjustments to the tips

sorry i didnt know how to resize
Old 11-22-2005, 02:47 PM
NikAtNyt

Magnaflow is amazing. It sounds far better than the stock sound clip does and I bolted it together in less than an hour. The hardest part was removing the original exhaust (which was a matter of lossening a c-clamp and three mounts) I just couldn't lift the car high enough to manipulate the over-axle pipe out so I cut it with a sawzall. It fell right out afterwards. I bought my system on Ebay through this guy: http://stores.ebay.com/FAST-AUTO-SPORTS for a "best offer" price of $440 and the shipping was free. He told me that Magnaflow was backordered but I got it about one week after that e-mail. It came with all clamps and instructions. You actually use existing hangers and don't have to weld anything. Oh the sounds is amazing. There is a low rumble at start-up, a raspy wind out to revs and deep growl at about 2500 rpm. Not to mention I'm getting closer to 22 mpg in the city and redline much sooner... I'll have to post some pics later this week.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:51 PM
NikAtNyt

Too funny rygenstormlocke. On the second day I had my pony I was rearended on my way to work. Insurance bought me a new GT bumper (I had to pay and extra $150) but I had already ordered the GT grille. I still refuse to put GT badges on her though. Plus, I will go with aftermarket rims but I do need to paint the rockers.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

nice to see that other like the product too...cuz im in love with mines
Old 11-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i posted some pic links of my exhaust and AEM CAI in a post earlier. my bumper is notched out and i did it myself with a husky utility knife (cut pretty easy). these pics should give you guys that are thinking of cutting your bumper cover a good idea of what it will look like. i took many different angles so you guys can get a better understanding. hope these pics help you out.

https://mustangforums.com/m_807222/tm.htm

one more thing.....my JBA's rattle a bit also at about 1.5k rpm's.....what did you guys do to solve your rattling problem (if any)?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:13 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the info....i just have to find time to cut it, so i dont mess it up.

did you have to sand it down or anything?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:17 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805
one more thing.....my JBA's rattle a bit also at about 1.5k rpm's.....what did you guys do to solve your rattling problem (if any)?
go here and there is an example of what burdweiser did when he installed his magnaflows
www.burdweiser.com
Old 11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

nope, no sanding was required when i did it.....i'm telling you, the knife i used to cut the bumper cover cut like hot knife through butter (i may be exaggerating a bit but i'm sure u get my point). dont think any knife will do it as clean but a good sharp one like i used will do just nicely.

Quick Reply: magnaflow duals info