Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AFE or MMR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: AFE or MMR?

blackhorse05
Thanks for posting that information (step by step nice) the dyno (good to see dyno facts) showed with duals true exhuast 164 hp at the rear wheel is a little weak first dyno info I finally seen results with true duals only per your dyno results. We know Ford claims 210 at the flywheel but 164 is weak at the rear wheel's there have been post's that true dual (w/ no cam, heads, or FI) does not work well on a V6. So after you changed the CAI, tune , true dual it went up to 198 a +34 hp increase a lttle over 20% increase not to bad would have been nice if your base would have been about 185/190 vs 164hp.

Blackhorse buy any chance did you dyno data on the car before the true dual exhuast?

Old 12-02-2005, 05:11 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

wow, considering i had the 05 v6 first with the mmr and now have a afe, i think your comment is really uncalled for. And to make it better i never once dissed the v6 or said why did you buy the 6 or anything, i just tried to help out. would it have been better if i just talked a bunch of crap and didnt try to help at all. well thats to bad for you. Andrew i hope you take my advice. and as for k and n, afe still beats them. and lester, yeah thats commin from a GT guy...
love you man, hope you feel better

man clam down, i was just kidding... obviously K&N wasnt a choice, and i was interested in the subject matter because i was reading the thread right? But either way, sorry if i offended you... i didnt mean to
Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

actualy i never did a stock dyno, my first dyno was with the duals, but the duals is the best thing for your car, you should definately do that, also that car was a auto, my buddy had the 5 speed and i had him do my same mods and sold him my mmr becuase i could use it on the gt and he pulled 202 to the wheel, so if you have a 5 speed youll do good. dude all you guys need is true duals and intake and higher gears with a trac lock and it will be on. i miss my v6, it was mine and i loved it, i think i love that v6 more than my eight, untoil i race then its different but she was a butiful ride

[IMG]local://upfiles/13649/FADAF3E5B944412898DD5A2E00DF4512.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-02-2005, 06:02 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

my v6
Old 12-02-2005, 06:04 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

any way i have a gt h pipe and stuff off the gt, ill sell it if anyone wants
Old 12-02-2005, 06:18 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

actualy i never did a stock dyno, my first dyno was with the duals, but the duals is the best thing for your car, you should definately do that, also that car was a auto, my buddy had the 5 speed and i had him do my same mods and sold him my mmr becuase i could use it on the gt and he pulled 202 to the wheel, so if you have a 5 speed youll do good. dude all you guys need is true duals and intake and higher gears with a trac lock and it will be on. i miss my v6, it was mine and i loved it, i think i love that v6 more than my eight, untoil i race then its different but she was a butiful ride

[IMG]local://upfiles/13649/FADAF3E5B944412898DD5A2E00DF4512.jpg[/IMG]
On the V6 duals may look better and even sound better but there will be no significant performance gain over a good single exhaust...
Old 12-02-2005, 06:54 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

well.... i really couldnt read all that stuuf on your link, and as for people being butholes on this site ive got to be one, i dont beleive your hp and really dont believe your torq. how about you list your mods without having to read a novel, give me the book notes, and if yourve got so much hp whty doesnt everyone els acheive that. is that stock motor or not, fill me in man, im skeptical
Old 12-02-2005, 07:01 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

well.... i really couldnt read all that stuuf on your link, and as for people being butholes on this site ive got to be one, i dont beleive your hp and really dont believe your torq. how about you list your mods without having to read a novel, give me the book notes, and if yourve got so much hp whty doesnt everyone els acheive that. is that stock motor or not, fill me in man, im skeptical
"Got Zex" = Zex Nitrous Kit = I'm spraying an extra 100HP.... believe it or not... Watch the video of my car running 13.4 @ 103 MPH...

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Premium - MMR CAI with tube, Magnaflow axle-back exhaust, SCT X-Cal2 with tunes provided by Alternative Auto, Motive 4.10, Ford Trac-Lock, BMR LCAs
Old 12-02-2005, 07:16 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Hey blackhorse that car looks GOOD any chance you could e-mail me front and back full view pictures of that car.

TIA
Old 12-02-2005, 09:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

"Got Zex" = Zex Nitrous Kit = I'm spraying an extra 100HP.... believe it or not... Watch the video of my car running 13.4 @ 103 MPH...

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Premium - MMR CAI with tube, Magnaflow axle-back exhaust, SCT X-Cal2 with tunes provided by Alternative Auto, Motive 4.10, Ford Trac-Lock, BMR LCAs
And he's not done yet!!!! LOL. Nice Scrming!

Quick Reply: AFE or MMR?