Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Waiting for the check.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:16 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

Default Waiting for the check.....

I'll belive it when I see it BUT the dealership called me today cause "Ford" are buying back the skipper 500 at full boat price ($695)

NOW for the dvd navigation system...

What navigation system should I go for?

I'm torn between the Eclipse and the Pioneer BUT you guys must have some insigh into what is the best one to go for

Old 12-08-2005, 07:28 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Waiting for the check.....

Whats the skipper 500?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:34 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wmscottmc
Whats the skipper 500?
Shaker 500 - It's a known fact that they can't play CD's properly
Old 12-08-2005, 07:43 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

oh crap, I just ordered one as on option on my mustang. what exactly is the problem with the 500, how bad and how widespread are the problems with the 500? is the 1000 a better choice, or does it have the same prob's?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

I haven't noticed any problem with mine playing cds... What kind of problems have you been having with it?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:12 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

oh crap, I just ordered one as on option on my mustang. what exactly is the problem with the 500, how bad and how widespread are the problems with the 500? is the 1000 a better choice, or does it have the same prob's?
OOPS, I'd change your order if I were you! (but you might get lucky, you never know)

Well, it skips when playing regular audio CD's (consistently) and it's not just the 500 that's got the problem either, the 1000 suffers the same as well!

We checked EVERY shaker in the dealer lot a couple of weeks ago and even a top of the line F350 Lariat suffered the same problem
Some took longer than others before they started skipping but they all skipped sooner or later... 15 minutes seemed to be the longest we managed before a skip occured.

The guy that does the warranty service for the local dealership says he's actually got a couple of dozen people that have this problem.
NOPE, it's not related to the car because before this car I had a 2005 fastback that had the same problems, they couldn't fix that one either.
NOPE, it's not CD related, one CD tested was "brand new" out of the plastic wrapper (the one that took 15 minutes)

Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

same player, just the 1000 has subs in the trunk and takes down your already narrow trunk space...

and its a wide known fact that it is indeed the "skipper 500" not shaker... BUT

it would seem that some are better than others, mines done quit well so far, especially if you use MP3 cd's (data vs tracks) and you can get like 150 songs on one CD that way
Old 12-09-2005, 12:45 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

But what about the buyback?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

My Shaker 500 works perfectly on MP3 CD's. I finally made my 6th CD (with 253 songs on it) and have the thing full. I really like the stereo and the fact that I can load it with so much music that I'm never even tempted to turn on the radio. I also like the way that it lists (part of) the song title for whatever it's playing and I can hit the TEXT button to see more details.

My experience with other CD players in other vehicles that I've owned is that certain CD's are more prone to skip than others. This applies to both CD's that I've burned myself and "factory" CD's. I have a few CD's that always seemed to have problems on the outer tracks. Maybe I should insert those CD's in my Shaker 500 and see how they do...
Old 12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
996r916sps
1st Gear Member

I have not had issues with my shaker500, but I have heard of them having issues.

I picked up a brochure on the Eclipse, and they are Bad ***! The top of the line has a internal hard drive to record off the radio or a CD. This would be cool, if the song was just released and not on CD yet or a friend has a CD with a cool song on it. Plus it has DVD ability and an awesome size screen. It sells for around $2700, and when I can I would buy that.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Waiting for the check.....