Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Long Overdue: Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 11:20 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Long Overdue: Dyno Results

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Thanks Scrming! Now I am going nuts waiting to get my SCT! I have to go all weekend long! Guess I will have to mod shop all weekend and the first part of the week to get myself by. LOL. I am really anxious to get my TQ numbers sorted out.
LOL! I know what you mean... I'm waiting for Tuesday! LOL!

BTW Midwest just shipped my Screaming Yellow Plenum Cover!!! WOOHOOO!!! I have one to the pre-production ones they had on E-Bay... when you bought one of those it also included a final production version... should be here next week... pictures to follow soon after! LOL!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:29 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

scrming
now he just has to get his torque straightened out with the SCT! LOL!!!
Scrm if his TQ is a little low for an auto what should it be once it is straightened (sct) out?
His torque in the lower RPMs was way low and kind of goofy...

It should shoot up to 200+ at around 2000 RPM and stay pretty flat all the way over to around 4000 RPM... should look more like the torque on this graph

Old 12-09-2005, 11:51 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Scrm if I am reading his chart right it dead sort of speak or flaky 2k - 3700 has to be his tune, but what do you think his TQ should be on the auto @193hp?
You should know everytime some post a dyno run you ask for the dyno sheet, I picture you like a doctor looking at new x-rays everytime you ask. Your building up a data base I know it.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:01 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Scrm if I am reading his chart right it dead sort of speak or flaky 2k - 3700 has to be his tune, but what do you think his TQ should be on the auto @193hp?
His graph should look almost exactly like the one I posted below his... should be around 210 to 215... his setup is almost identical to me... e xcept for a very few minor things... Yeah the odd TQ curve is due to the fact he's got the Predator... So Wednesday when he switches to the SCT I would expect his graph to look a LOT better!!! LOL!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:05 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Your building up a data base I know it.

Well, actually in this escalating arms race it helps to study and know exactly what your opponents strenghts and weaknesses are... LOL!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:20 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Well, actually in this escalating arms race it helps to study and know exactly what your opponents strenghts and weaknesses are... LOL!
What arms race?!?!?!?!? I'm done with mods for this year....honest!!!! LOL.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

scrming
Well, actually in this escalating arms race it helps to study and know exactly what your opponents strenghts and weaknesses are
You crack me up at 384 RWTQ you have 99.5% of the Mustang 4.0 V6's that are out covered , and don't give me track talk .

Your working on something and I don't know what it is.

Thanks for the info
Old 12-10-2005, 04:43 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Scrming

I am going to go out on a limb here.

I think (big think/slight chance) I know why his TQ is a little low after looking at his chart again and thinking about it, why it is low (compared to your 215 ) below 3700 and does not come on till right around 3700. I think it might not be his tune now, let him get the tune and get the new dyno as he wanted to switch to the SCT before this anyway and Rygn if that was it great if not then I think I know why. I don't want to say anything right now untill we see the dyno with the new tune and look at the dyno TQ data sheet.

I am not talking about his TQ converter/management( per other forum) either being the reason

If he gets close or hits 215 with the new tune we still need to see the new dyno TQ chart in the low RPM range 2000-3700 for improvment which will tell the real story.

Now Rygn if you do any other changes than the tune then we won't know for sure.

If I am right this will be good info for us.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:09 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: scrming

What arms race?!?!?!?!? I'm done with mods for this year....honest!!!! LOL.
That's only because ASP won't be shipping the UD crank pulley until Christmas... LOL! And when you're not modding, you PLANNING your next mod! LOL! So I must remain vigilant! I've got a 12-way Ultra Sparc server constantly running modificttion simulations and race track scenarios....
Old 12-10-2005, 09:10 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

scrming
Well, actually in this escalating arms race it helps to study and know exactly what your opponents strenghts and weaknesses are
You crack me up at 384 RWTQ you have 99.5% of the Mustang 4.0 V6's that are out covered , and don't give me track talk .

Your working on something and I don't know what it is.

Thanks for the info
Well... of that 99.5%... a lot of them are quickly nipping at my heels! LOL! Especially now the S/C units are actually going to start being installed!

Quick Reply: Long Overdue: Dyno Results