Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Long Overdue: Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 05:23 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Long Overdue: Dyno Results

promised this on Monday, but had to have other work done to the car and ran out of time for a dyno session. So today, I met with Excepcion13 at Excessive in the morning to see how his ride was coming along and squeeze in a dyno before work.

I have to say, Excepcion’s WB stang with black racing strips and the pony package looked absolutely sweet!!! I can’t wait for him to post his numbers with his manual, truetrac, MMR CAI, 3.73 gears, girdle and panhard relocation bracket. I’m expecting higher numbers than me from him!

I was pleased with the results, and they have fuelled my burning desire to mod my care even more. Here is what I got with my current list of mods:

• Max Power: 193 RWHP
• Max Torque: 207.1
• Dyno Sheet: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/rygenstormlocke

Keep in mind my car is an Auto, but for the mods I have I am actually quite pleased with the run. Another customer had a 96 GT I think, and she swore before the dyno her car would be faster. I just smiled and said, it's just a 6 and we'll see. Everyone there was surprised by the numbers the car put out, even the main mechanic who wasn't that keen on the 4.0 when I first spoke with him. When 193 came up on the screen, she was like no way, then she goes, my car is still faster. And the guy who runs the register/inventory for the shop was like, no…his is a faster car, trust me. Your numbers are not there. Larry was like, that is pretty darn good…and it’s a V6. Ask Excepcion, I was grinning ear to ear.

So next will be a girdle, panhard relocation bracket, and some sort of major power adder. Oh and a SCT w/professional tune.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Long Overdue: Dyno Results

Great numbers! Our little 4.0L's continue to surprise people!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:53 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Rygn

Long over due Congrats 193 RWHP you andStangman both at 193 RWHP but he didn't post the TQ, So now you have baseline now any changes/mods you will see the effect in your next dyno.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Rygn

Long over due Congrats 193 RWHP you andStangman both at 193 RWHP but he didn't post the TQ, So now you have baseline now any changes/mods you will see the effect in your next dyno.
Thanks! Check out Excepcion13's numbers, he goes to the same shop I do. I didn't get to stay to see him dyno it, but he put up a post and got 205 RWHP. I'm going back next wednesday for a SCT dyno/professional tune session and will have more numbers to post then.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:01 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Oh, and my TQ numbers are all off. Scrming gave me some insight on it, here is a link to his responses:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=40427

I'm chomping at the bit on the SCT tune now.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:20 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Dont get me wrong but dont that seem a little low! I mean you got major mods.

Dual magnaflow = at least 10 hp
Afe CAI = at least 8 hp
Tune = at least 5 hp
gears = at least 10hp
Frtlok = at lest 10hp I would think. about 43 hp

the base hp is about 163 -164 for a auto and about 170 173for the manual

I would at least excpect 203,205 hp for an auto. I have a manual and Im wanting to do the same mods as you but im expecting 210,215 at the rw.

I only have a CAI but it seems like im already at 180 hp. I dont know never dynoed my car. But I would be a lil dissapointed now if I dynoed it and it came below 180 hp with the CAI.

Just don't seem right.[&:]

Old 12-09-2005, 10:25 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Afe CAI = at least 8 hp
Tune = at least 5 hp
gears = at least 10hp

I would at least excpect 203,205 hp for an auto. I have a manual and Im wanting to do the same mods as you but im expecting 210,215 at the rw.

I only have a CAI but it seems like im already at 180 hp. I dont know never dynoed my car. But I would be a lil dissapointed now if I dynoed it and it came below 180 hp with the CAI.

It's cool, but keep in mind I don't have a good tune on the car. The Pred's are not great for autos, and next wednesday I go back for an SCT with professional tune. My AFE is dyno proven at 12HP. As for gears adn frtlok, I am not sure what the gain should be like from them HP wise, I got them more for better take off's at a stop. And HP dosent add up as neatly as it seems. For example I met another forum member there this am, he had a JBA axle back exhaust, mmr CAI, SCT, trutrac diff and 3.73 gears and he is running 205 RWHP. That is really good in fact.

I will know more on wednesday.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:54 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Afe CAI = at least 8 hp
Tune = at least 5 hp
gears = at least 10hp

Gears and a Track-Lock do not add HP... The track-lock will evenly distrbute the power to both wheels but it certianly doesn't add anything... Gears on the other hand may actually cause the dyno run to show LESS HP... but will show an increase in Torque..

And as Rygen point out you simply can't add up the numbers.... 193RWHP is about right where the car should be... now he just has to get his torque straightened out with the SCT! LOL!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thanks
ORIGINAL: scrming

Afe CAI = at least 8 hp
Tune = at least 5 hp
gears = at least 10hp

Gears and a Track-Lock do not add HP... The track-lock will evenly distrbute the power to both wheels but it certianly doesn't add anything... Gears on the other hand may actually cause the dyno run to show LESS HP... but will show an increase in Torque..

And as Rygen point out you simply can't add up the numbers.... 193RWHP is about right where the car should be... now he just has to get his torque straightened out with the SCT! LOL!!!
Thanks Scrming! Now I am going nuts waiting to get my SCT! I have to go all weekend long! Guess I will have to mod shop all weekend and the first part of the week to get myself by. LOL. I am really anxious to get my TQ numbers sorted out.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

scrming
now he just has to get his torque straightened out with the SCT! LOL!!!
Scrm if his TQ is a little low for an auto what should it be once it is straightened (sct) out?

Quick Reply: Long Overdue: Dyno Results