Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Passenger seat height; NEED CLEVER ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:48 AM
gtcs1
1st Gear Member

Default Passenger seat height; NEED CLEVER ADVICE

Hi,

The passenger seat is way to low for my wife. I tried it myself and felt the same. I need the seat to be raised about 1.5 inches. I saw on a few articles on the web complaints about this. A spokeperson from Ford was saying this is in the look to be fixed for 06.

I contacted Ford to get their point of view and see if there is a kit to be used to raised the seat. I don't really need adjustable height like in driver seat. When sitting in the passenger seat, you feel very low, trapped in a compartment an having a very nice view of the hood.

Ford just recommended not to touch this, due to safety reason. I am sure their engineers would be smart enough to design seat tracks adaptors.

Anybody had similar feeling. Any ideas on Kit availability.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2005, 05:33 PM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Passenger seat height

havn't seen or heared anything, but the seat is way to low for my wife as well.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:55 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

yea mines is really low too, i thought i was the only one that noticed this
Old 12-13-2005, 09:51 PM
jbradley1989
1st Gear Member

Do you mean fixed for the 07 model year?
I have a 06 and you have to be over about 5'8 to see out of the passengers seat.
But really, what does it matter?, as long as you can see. Might be good thing if your wife or in my case, mom, doesn't see how your driving.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

I found the best way to deal with the low passenger seat is to simply not have any passengers.

(actually in the five months I've owned my car I've had 2 total passengers, and both complained about the seat height)
Old 04-29-2006, 09:55 AM
gtcs1
1st Gear Member

I wanted to bump up this one. There may be some clevere guy around.

I am still looking to find a way to raise the passenger seat height by about 1.5". Any thoughts..... I was wondering about purchasing a driver seat and swaaping the height adjustment mechanism to the right side, wondering if that could be interchangeable.

I understand when you start playing with that, this rework better be safe.

I know I could just not have any passenger.... But taking a ride with others is part of the fun.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:28 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

I hear mcdonalds has booster seats for sale, or if you go get the LA white pages that might help.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Buy the adjustable drivers seat...then when your friend thats 6'3 can fit comfortable and so can your wife even if she is 5'. It would also be alot safer then making your own riged system. When it comes to your seats you better go the safe way. IMO that can work or even look at some nice aftermarket seats. You can sneak in the upgrade saying it was for her .
Old 04-29-2006, 10:32 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

If you want to save money on this one look around and see if you can buy just the adjustable piece from the drivers seat. Maybe search junk yards if ford wont let you do it. Search E-bay too. There is bound to be someone that has changed their seats, and put their old ones on E-bay.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 AM
gtcs1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chipschwab

If you want to save money on this one look around and see if you can buy just the adjustable piece from the drivers seat. Maybe search junk yards if ford wont let you do it. Search E-bay too. There is bound to be someone that has changed their seats, and put their old ones on E-bay.

Any clue if the swap in opposite direction (reverse from LH to RH) is feasible; would be nice to see an exploded view of this mechanism

Quick Reply: Passenger seat height; NEED CLEVER ADVICE