Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which Exhaust???????

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 AM
jroth
1st Gear Member

Default Which Exhaust???????

I'm looking at the JBA, Maganaflow, and the BORLA. I want a deep V8 sound but I also would like the biggest tips possible. BORLA makes the 4" tip but can I just put a 4" on JBA or Maganaflow? Also, please tell me everything needed to put the H-pipe system on my car. Do I have to get new headders or anything? HELP>..
Old 12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Which Exhaust???????

ORIGINAL: jroth

I'm looking at the JBA, Maganaflow, and the BORLA. I want a deep V8 sound but I also would like the biggest tips possible. BORLA makes the 4" tip but can I just put a 4" on JBA or Maganaflow? Also, please tell me everything needed to put the H-pipe system on my car. Do I have to get new headders or anything? HELP>..
Magnaflows are rolled tips, so putting new tips on them is pretty much impossible. As far as kits go, the deepest sounding without modification is the JBA H pipe kit. Opinions vary, but the best bang for the buck is GT take off muffs/pipes and having a shop fabricate a solution for you. There are several threads on it.

Good Luck.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:50 AM
Rannascar

I have Borla's on my GT . I ran Straight pipes (Stainless 3 1/4 inch off my Headers. They have a great rumble.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:14 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i hear that on the v6 the best sounding ones are the jba h pipe's or the gt take offs (imo the gt take offs sound the best, but with those you will need to take them to a shop to get some welding done)
Old 12-28-2005, 11:42 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

IMO the flows sound deepest and best... i can send you a clip if you'd like- just PM me
Old 12-28-2005, 01:16 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

you cant really just go off everyones clips and opinions because everyone has different taste in sound. And most people have different camera and programs so the sound clips are not really going to show you how they sound different.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:38 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

shame your not in so cal you could see my setup. people have done the same and some have moded a little but thats what the forums are for! i am very happy with the set up.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:43 AM
desperado331
1st Gear Member

It definately comes down to taste. I have a true dual set up with the FlowMaster American Thunders and a street legal X-Pipe and mine have a deeper growl than my buddy's GT with MagnaFlows. I haven't seen much talk about the FlowMaster American Thunders but I swear they have the deepest growl I have heard yet. Good Luck.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: desperado331

It definately comes down to taste. I have a true dual set up with the FlowMaster American Thunders and a street legal X-Pipe and mine have a deeper growl than my buddy's GT with MagnaFlows. I haven't seen much talk about the FlowMaster American Thunders but I swear they have the deepest growl I have heard yet. Good Luck.
agreed
Old 12-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i have the JBA H-pipe setup and its pretty awesome.....great muscle sound and great look.....you won't be dissapointed with this setup.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust???????