Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

v6 vs 03 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default v6 vs 03 wrx

me and a couple people were wondering what would be faster, an 06 v6 mustang, or an 03 wrx
the situation at my school is that all the guys with fast cars go out to deserted roads (we do actually have deserted roads that are not part of any city, that are blocked off with cones and stuff like that...for safety of cource)
and just have little organized races that people can bet on, or just watch for fun. as it goes right now, i am 2nd fastest car (guy who is faster than me has as truboed celica with a custom 2.2L engine that meets 60 in about 2.5 seconds...no way i can touch this guy). so anyways, one of my best friends just got himself a 03 wrx on saturday, and people have already started to put bets on our cars. we are planning to take them out on the next dry day (which could be a week or two) to race, but i wanted your opinions

the things we will do are

1. from a dig
2. 15mph roll
3. 25mph roll
4. 35mph roll

we will try all these on a half block, full block, 2 blocks, and a longer stretch (we dont really know how far, maybe 8 blocks)

thoughts?

oh, the only thing done to my car is the alternative auto tune (still waiting for my C&L intake)
Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: v6 vs 03 wrx

Wrx by far. Honesly, it would be a slaughter.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

that is what i thought too, but i started to question it today, because when him and i were leaving school (while it was raining), we did a race from one light to another, and he only beat me by less than a foot, and my wheels spun a lot (i could hear it and i could see my traction control light going crazy). plus, almost everybody who is betting is saying that my car will win on the 15 and 25 rolls for the shorter distances.

imo i will be slaughtered in all, but i am kind of doubting it now...anticipating dryness....

PS: only one guys said that i would lose every race....but he is uncle ben's best friend i think, he said that civics would beat me until i prooved it
Old 01-09-2006, 09:30 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Interesting, tell us how it goes. I've been a fan of all wheel drive rally sedans (Evos, Sti, Wrx) for a long time, and had alot of experience with them. It's possible you may be the superior drive as well ^_^ Either way good luck.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

You'd lose but at least you drive a cool car instead of a ricer. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 01-10-2006, 12:29 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

You'd lose but at least you drive a cool car instead of a ricer. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
LOL. yea the wrx is sick fast. Maybe after a 9PSI SC you can tangle with one. LOL.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol...well i wouldnt go so far as ricer...it is japanese, but it does hold a lot of respectable speed
Old 01-10-2006, 02:58 AM
noir
2nd Gear Member

lol...well i wouldnt go so far as ricer...it is japanese, but it does hold a lot of respectable speed
Thank you.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:32 AM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

GUYS CMON!
All of maybe arnt thinking clearly, were talking about a WRX, not an STI, a very small basic slow spooling 2.0 turbo'd engine. Chris let me be the first to say you should beable to take him! my friend and i were in the same situation, back when my car was stock all i'd hear about was "gay little V6 mustang" and "hey dude ur missing two pistons" from my friend who drove this WRX, one day we decided to put the two car on a stright line and just book it. i looked at him and he looked at me as he held up 3 fingers and counted down. I clearly remeber exploding off the line witha nice little 2300 rev in start, we were close off the line but as i shifted from 1st to 2nd my torque and momentum grew as my nose pulled ahead. shifting 3rd and exceeding well into 65 now I had about a half car on him! as we passed the tree we said we were racing to he was just creeping up on me at the end of my power trip (3rd gear when my car was stock) I HAD WON! he didnt have much to say except a nod and a friendly middle fingure and he kept driving after i slow'd down. Let me be the first to say, you CAN TAKE A WRX or at least you should be able to, the mustang is a muscle car, its all about low end torque baby! VIVA LA AMERICA!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:54 AM
islandmustang
1st Gear Member

naturally aspirated is the way to go anyways..

Quick Reply: v6 vs 03 wrx