Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Picking my mustang up tomorrow!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

Default Picking my mustang up tomorrow!!

At 11am. Getting a tungsten grey v6 convertible with the sport appearance package, 5 speed, 17" bullits. Will post pics as soon as I get them! I have never had a mustang before, and after a couple test drives, am really looking forward to it. I used to have a camaro and hated mustangs cause they were the evil competition, but now that they dont make camaros anymore, I was forced to turn to the dark side to get my fix of a classic American sports car.

Sevalley
Reseda, CA
Old 01-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Picking my mustang up tomorrow!!

oh, to make this post eligible for the "Tech" section. I plan on immediately getting some lowering springs for it. I dont plan on getting new shocks though, so I only want a 1" drop, what kind do you guys recommend? Some affordable ones off ebay would be nice, I usually do most installation myself, but have never worked on a mustang before. Tints and a stripe will probably also be installed within the next week. I have seen some stripes available on ebay for about $110, is installation on these hard? Should I get it professionaly done to make sure the stripes are straight?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
desperado331
1st Gear Member

I recommend Baltimore Street Mods for your stripes and Rob is easily reached for any help you may need. He's on Ebay and here is his website:

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

Old 01-12-2006, 10:35 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Congrats man you'll love it. It will make you for get all about a Camaro lol. I had a 85 Sport Coupe 2.8L Multi-port FI Camaro since I was 16 till now ( im 23). Man when I got in my Mustang it literally felt like a V8 cause I was used to a little 2.8 lol. Welcome to the arms race as screamin would put it. lol

Desperodo can you post a sound clip of those American Thunder's, I would love to hear them with an x pipe.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Congratulations on your stang, and welcome to the forum.

ORIGINAL: desperado331

I recommend Baltimore Street Mods for your stripes and Rob is easily reached for any help you may need. He's on Ebay and here is his website:

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

That is where I got my stripes as well.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Welcome to MMF Sevalley...

Are you getting EXCITED Yet?

There are so many great mods out for the V6 already, you would be surprised how much umph you can get out of her!

Since this is your first 06 Vert - should warn you to caution the roof. Many of us have had to learn that the roof will "shrink" if you leave it down for days at a time and then putting it back up you have to muscle it onto the windshield latches. It will do the same thing on cooler days (My top is down anytime it is over 50 degrees outside!)

Also - the top will not completely fold in tight when down. If you want her to look CLEAN going down the road topless, just hop out when you have it down and gently give it a little push down into the hole and it will tuck away nicely.

We can't wait to see some pics of your new baby Sevalley!
Old 01-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

Pickin up 17" billit rims tomorrow. getting the spoiler and mustang stripes put on this weekend...
Old 01-13-2006, 04:12 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Beautiful ride! You'll love it!
Old 01-13-2006, 02:42 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Nice picture!!! You should have a great time with your convertible. That's the first time I've seen those rims. I guess they are new for the '06 V6's? Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

haha, they are not new rims for 2006, they are HUBCAPS!! Its horrible I know. It is day 2 that I have the car, and I already replaced them with the 17" bullitt rims, just like the ones in the picture above, except not chrome, charcoal color (got them for $572 with Pirelli tires from Diversified Marketing in Cerritos, CA). Will post an "After" pic once I get it. Needelss to say it looks a million times better.

Quick Reply: Picking my mustang up tomorrow!!