Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 05:39 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust help.

So, i feel like I lost some horsepower on my flowmaster true duels. The dealership that insalled it told me they were going to use an H-pipe, but ended up insalling true duels. Question: Should I go back up there and demand they give me an X, H pipe? Does anyone think this will bring back the lost hp, and make it sound better? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:58 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Exhaust help.

Just the straight pipes with no crossoever whatsoever? If they said there were going to put on an h-pipe and quoted you for an h-pipe, I'd go back and get me an h-pipe!
Old 01-20-2006, 07:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: noir

So, i feel like I lost some horsepower on my flowmaster true duels. The dealership that insalled it told me they were going to use an H-pipe, but ended up insalling true duels. Question: Should I go back up there and demand they give me an X, H pipe? Does anyone think this will bring back the lost hp, and make it sound better? Thanks in advance.
An H pipe will give it a deeper sound, X will flow better, but sound slighty higher pitch. I would go with the H in your situation.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Truxtun
2nd Gear Member

I think they (TF) would take care of it for you, but... I know you dad said that a dyno might hurt your car, but if it was me, I would dyno and see where I am... Seat of the pants doesn't always have the best response, and rememeber you thought that in the straightaway where you usually 'drag' ,the seconds were down... hard choice, but, overall if it makes you feel better, get them to put the H on
Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i know you'll trust me , and i'll tell you right now your going to want to get an H if you get a connector pipe. On a v6 (any and all brands), due to the firing pattern in the engine, an h or x pipe will make just about no difference, not even like half a horse... only difference will be that the H will sound a s*#tload better than the X on a 6. Dont forget to post clips if you get a pipe change!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:50 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Definitly go with the H pipe. It will give a much better sound than an x pipe.I think the x pipe flows better though, Even that there is no HP gain from who ever's say so, common sense will tell you by looking at it that it will give you a better flow of air. Especially with major future modifications like supercharger's and what not.

Here is a set up that is the same as mine except I used an x pipe instead of the h pipe it came with. Mine sound's more along the lines of a porsha. His sound totally diff. It's a guy who go's by the name of sancho.

JBA TRUE DUAL - Hpipe
http://media.putfile.com/MustangV6_JBA-H-PIPE