Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Legend Spoiler & V6 Badges Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:06 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Legend Spoiler & V6 Badges Installed

ORIGINAL: TJ

Rygn

WOW!! what can I say man you have that car setup nice it's done right (very clean look) very nice!!! I think someone said it at the other forum and I agree time for you to start hitting the car shows.

The only small suggestion I would make and it hit me before I even read Kiley at the other forum I saw your post here first then read kiley post I would agree with what he said I would just move the 4.0 over a little.

Big Thumbs up!!

On a side note before my car came in I was searching for wheels something in the polished maybe chrome 5 spoke with a deeper dish. Then when I got my car I really starting like the stock bullits, as much as I found some nice wheels don't know if I can really change now and seeing your car with them setup like that makes me say yep they do look good.
I'm with you there. I love the stock 17 inch bullits. And it helped to see the running pony emblems on your black stang! Thanks!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Well, for everyone interested here is where I got everything thanks to my good friend "google"

4.0 Emblem
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/Emblems3.htm

Pony Emblems
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Legend Wing
http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=LEGEND

Old 01-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

The wing looks awesome!
Much smaller than the pictures make it to be on their website and you are right! It looks like the Shelby one.

DId you get it painted or did you buy it painted?

Thanks
Steven
Old 01-29-2006, 12:44 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steven6095

The wing looks awesome!
Much smaller than the pictures make it to be on their website and you are right! It looks like the Shelby one.

DId you get it painted or did you buy it painted?

Thanks
Steven
Thanks!!

I spoke to the GT guys over at TMS, and the one who got it said not to have it painted from gefracing. He said the finish wasnt perfect and there were bubles in it. I took it to a referal from my local mustang shop and had them paint it.

And actually, it is a big wing. I'll try to get a better picture of it. I love it, but I don't want to mislead anyone thinking it is a conservative wing. Its big. Here is a profile shot:

Old 01-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

little too big for my taste, but it does look nice on black. I think it will stick out too much on blue.

Can not wait for the Shelby ones to come out!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 01:21 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Ok, project finished. I like the placment, so they will stay there. However, I was exactly 1mm off on the 0 in 4.0. So, 90 seconds with the wifes hair dryer and bingo, problem solved. Car is not as shiny and clean in this pic, but you should get the idea:

Later.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:15 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

just a little nudge over, eh? Perfect!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:47 AM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

Hey Rygen......Question about your legend wing. I know from your site, you had the stock spoiler on before, did the legend cover up the OEM bolt holes from your factory wing? If not what did you do to clean them up?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:52 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vistapony

Hey Rygen......Question about your legend wing. I know from your site, you had the stock spoiler on before, did the legend cover up the OEM bolt holes from your factory wing? If not what did you do to clean them up?
Good question, I did a lot of research on wings before I got this one. At first I wanted the CDC wing or the Xenon wing (retro ducktail wings). But the CDC didn't cover the holes, and the Xenon did, but I didn't like it enough to get it. I also stumbled onto something else, most of the ducktails on the market are not fuctional. Well, I found the Legend from a GT member over on TMS, and it had a look I like.

And for the best part, it uses the same holes as the stock spoiler. Some spoilers cover the holes, but you have to drill new ones. This one actually uses the stock holes. What this means is you get it prepped, painted and then you can bolt it on yourself. Just don't let gef racing paint it for you, I heard they don't do a good job with the painting. And it actually is a functional wing.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:21 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

Even better that it uses the stock holes! Thanks! Now i'm going to have to photoshop how it will look on vista blue!

Quick Reply: Legend Spoiler & V6 Badges Installed