Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DOWN TO IT!!! MAGNAFLOW OR JBA???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default DOWN TO IT!!! MAGNAFLOW OR JBA???

I'm going to get either the Magnaflow or JBA cat back dual with the Y-pipe, but im not sure which one i like more. If anyone has heard both in person, please let me know which you liked better!!!

I want the deep throaty sound, but without the "rasp" that sometimes goes with attempting to achieve it. I've heard sound clips of both, but its hard to tell. Which one is deeper and most clean???

will
Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: DOWN TO IT!!! MAGNAFLOW OR JBA???

Haven't heard both in person..., but the jba's are sweet....

here's a couple clips...
http://www.transcendingtouch.com/mustang/mustang1.mp4
http://www.transcendingtouch.com/mustang/mustang2.mp4
Old 01-30-2006, 08:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Haven't heard both in person..., but the jba's are sweet....

here's a couple clips...
http://www.transcendingtouch.com/mustang/mustang1.mp4
http://www.transcendingtouch.com/mustang/mustang2.mp4
I have heard both in person, you can't go wrong with either one. Here is a link to mine:

http://www.rygen.net/stang

I think it is the stage two link on my web site. Should be a video file on there.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I like the Magnaflow's sound better, although the JBA sounds good too. The big thing is that the Magnaflow is stainless steel throughout.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

I like the Magnaflow's sound better, although the JBA sounds good too. The big thing is that the Magnaflow is stainless steel throughout.
Thats true, JBA's only have a 2 year warrenty because they are not SS. I hear they are working on a SS system though.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I liked my Magnflow until I put the MRT on... MRT outperformed my Magnflow and sounded a LOT deeper... You can down load video and dyno sheets on my website: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng.htm#muffler
Old 01-30-2006, 09:25 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys. I watched all yall's clips a few days ago. I like how they all sound, but its so hard to tell on computer speakers vs. what they sound like in person. I love that MRT muffler, but i want the duals so i dont know how that would work out. I just cant make a call based on these dad-gum comp. speakers. I've even tried listening to the same clips on different speakers and they each sound different with diff. speakers!!! [sm=headbang.gif]

So here's the question: "In your personal opinion, which exhaust do you order?" [sm=thanx.gif]

will
Old 01-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: will_c

Thanks guys. I watched all yall's clips a few days ago. I like how they all sound, but its so hard to tell on computer speakers vs. what they sound like in person. I love that MRT muffler, but i want the duals so i dont know how that would work out. I just cant make a call based on these dad-gum comp. speakers. I've even tried listening to the same clips on different speakers and they each sound different with diff. speakers!!! [sm=headbang.gif]

So here's the question: "In your personal opinion, which exhaust do you order?" [sm=thanx.gif]

will
Magnaflow, hands down. That's what I'm getting next. I have the magnaflow single now. I get lots of compliments on the single.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

ORIGINAL: will_c

will
Magnaflow, hands down. That's what I'm getting next. I have the magnaflow single now. I get lots of compliments on the single.
hey jimp... I had the same Magaflow as you... I can honestly say this MRT/Aero-Turbine blows that Magnflow out of the water! Better performance, better sound and cheaper! LOL!

Now if you do want to go to duals then I'm not sure... Don't know how the MRT would work as a dual on our car..... I was ready to move to the duals in order to get a better sound... but now I don't need to... and now I can spend money $$$ on my next secret project! LOL!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:37 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

haha......ok dr. evil......... yeah i def. like the sound of that MRT, but i'm a sucker for the symmetry of dual exhaust haha. I just want that rear end muscle that we all crave! And it looks like most prefer the magnaflow over the JBA, so........

What about Flowmaster? (without having to put on true duals)

will

Quick Reply: DOWN TO IT!!! MAGNAFLOW OR JBA???