Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X pipe dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default X pipe dyno results

Ok, I just got off the phone with Excessive, need to go pick up the car now. But they did tell me what the final number was for SAE after the X pipe:

-2 RWHP SAE

There you go, a whopping 2HP. My contribution to the mustang community. LOL.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

Default RE: X pipe dyno results

Okay, now tear all that stuff off and replace it with 2 1/4" so we can put that one to bed

I forget though - have you been to the track yet? The X might show more benefit at the track than it does on the dyno.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:38 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Rygen... your excellent contribution is duly noted. Your Mustang community thanks you! :::dutifully and respectfully places gold star on forehead::: hoozah!

So, if you're really wanting to squeeze every last bit out, it might be an ok idea. I imagine with a power adder, you'll see even more of a gain. Plus, I bet it sounds great! I'd love to hear a clip when ya can!

For the cost of the hardware and installation, I'm happy sticking with my y-pipe. I talked to jba about modding it with an h-pipe and they basically said, don't bother. It's the same sound and performance.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Rygen... your excellent contribution is duly noted. Your Mustang community thanks you! :::dutifully and respectfully places gold star on forehead::: hoozah!

So, if you're really wanting to squeeze every last bit out, it might be an ok idea. I imagine with a power adder, you'll see even more of a gain. Plus, I bet it sounds great! I'd love to hear a clip when ya can!

For the cost of the hardware and installation, I'm happy sticking with my y-pipe. I talked to jba about modding it with an h-pipe and they basically said, don't bother. It's the same sound and performance.
Thanks Hamidlmt. Now, you just hit the nail on the head, what about with a power adder?!?!?!? Well, I got the results of the setup with 100HP shot of N20. Lets just say I am grinning ear to ear. More to come once I have my dyno sheets.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scrib

Okay, now tear all that stuff off and replace it with 2 1/4" so we can put that one to bed

I forget though - have you been to the track yet? The X might show more benefit at the track than it does on the dyno.
LOL! I take her to the track in about a month.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:46 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Thanks Hamidlmt. Now, you just hit the nail on the head, what about with a power adder?!?!?!? Well, I got the results of the setup with 100HP shot of N20. Lets just say I am grinning ear to ear. More to come once I have my dyno sheets.
Yeah... let's see those dyno sheets! (ok.. I know you don't have the car back yet... but a man can dream!)

A 2 hp difference can still mean a lot. Like when Scrming switched over to the C&L intake from the MMR... a 3 hp difference, but he reported such a difference in feel on the street. I guess it just depends where in the rpm band you're getting that extra couple ponies.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:47 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Yeah... let's see those dyno sheets! (ok.. I know you don't have the car back yet... but a man can dream!)

A 2 hp difference can still mean a lot. Like when Scrming switched over to the C&L intake from the MMR... a 3 hp difference, but he reported such a difference in feel on the street. I guess it just depends where in the rpm band you're getting that extra couple ponies.

Just wait and see. I did a bit more to the car then I lead on. LOL.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:19 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Great info! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. It's only 2 hp, but the ounces turn into pounds. For those who haven't changed their exhaust this is the kind of data that can lead them into a meaningful purchase decision. Good job!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

Great info! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. It's only 2 hp, but the ounces turn into pounds. For those who haven't changed their exhaust this is the kind of data that can lead them into a meaningful purchase decision. Good job!
Thanks man, just finished my other write up. Check it out when you get a sec.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:46 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

That is all you Scrmng!

Quick Reply: X pipe dyno results