Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need help can't burn

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Need help can't burn

ORIGINAL: stangman53

O.K. you rest your case but Bama chips a long way from me
yeah... Alabama is a long way from Oregon too LOL! Doug can email tunes or ship your unit to him and he'll update it. Lideo is obviously great too.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:00 PM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

I have an automatic with Xcal2 and tune from Brenspeed and a Steeda CAI. No problems spinning from take off.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:16 PM
stangman53
1st Gear Member

Maybe I need to change my Mac Cai anybody using a Mac with the same problem
Old 02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

You have done a nice job on your car and I enjoy your website. I am in N.Y. so its a distance I don't have the sheet but I am going back aweek from Monday. Do you think Lidio would talk to my tuner Dan Carlson. He may even know him from his 10 years at steeda.
Don't know if Lidio would talk to him or not... I don't know many "trade secrets" these guys share! LOL! I didn't think my car had any throttle until I switched to the C&L CAI... throttle response was greatly improved! And this was over the more expensive MMR CAI!!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
stangman53
1st Gear Member

So what your saying is from a dead stop it flattened out for a split second and then took off. Or it just had little response like when it was stock
Old 02-16-2006, 05:47 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

So what your saying is from a dead stop it flattened out for a split second and then took off. Or it just had little response like when it was stock
Nope... with the X-Cal2 and the MMR I thought the throttle reponse was pretty good... there didn't seem to be a delay, certinaly not one where I would say "for a split second"... with the C&L the response became... I guess the way to describe it is "tighter"... It was like the car was back on a throttle cable.. not fly-by-wire... does this make sense?

Would be interesting to see your dyno charts and the A/F if you can, when you get them... I would think it's got to be in the Torque Managment System or perhaps with the delay between when the car goes from closed loop to open loop... (or is it open loop to closed loop?) LOL!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:53 PM
stangman53
1st Gear Member

Not really But I follow the thought. Anyway thanks for the input. Buggin out
Old 02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

well with the auto the car has the tendancy to upshift a lot
so if you mash it and you are on 5th, you are not going to feel very much, so what you might want to do is pull it down into 3 right before you hit it. if you are going too fast for 3rd gear, turn off over drive right before you hit it, and that should put you in 4th gear. then gas and right before it red lines shift back into D (5th gear)

always works for me, and i am on stock tune
Old 02-17-2006, 02:15 PM
stangman53
1st Gear Member

I follow what you are saying but on the parkway while doing 60 if I mash it it takes off like a r----d ape. This problem is strictly from a dead stop or going around the on ramps on lONG iSLAND. Otherwise the car flies
Old 02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I follow what you are saying but on the parkway while doing 60 if I mash it it takes off like a r----d ape. This problem is strictly from a dead stop or going around the on ramps on lONG iSLAND. Otherwise the car flies
ok.... sounds like not all of the torque management system has been turned off which would give you the dead stop problem... the "going on around on the ramps" sounds like a shift schedule issue....

Quick Reply: Need help can't burn