Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone here have a MAC dual exhaust kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 03:23 AM
mtroy123

Default Anyone here have a MAC dual exhaust kit?

I have a brand new 06 mustang V6 and am looking to upgrade the exhaust. I am in a bind right now on whether or not to go to a dual exhaust or stay with a single. After reading through a lot of threads on this board, I see that going with an MRT single will give me great sound and the most horsepower gains, but I really prefer the look of a dual exhaust system. I have read a lot about the Magnaflow dual kit but there isn't much info on the MAC dual system. Does anyone on here have the MAC dual exhaust kit? Any info about this kit will really help with my decision, and of course any sound clips will help. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:26 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone here have a MAC dual exhaust kit?

ORIGINAL: mtroy123

I have a brand new 06 mustang V6 and am looking to upgrade the exhaust. I am in a bind right now on whether or not to go to a dual exhaust or stay with a single. After reading through a lot of threads on this board, I see that going with an MRT single will give me great sound and the most horsepower gains, but I really prefer the look of a dual exhaust system. I have read a lot about the Magnaflow dual kit but there isn't much info on the MAC dual system. Does anyone on here have the MAC dual exhaust kit? Any info about this kit will really help with my decision, and of course any sound clips will help. Thanks for your help.
I know you're looking for MAC... but here's the MRT's in a dual setup... might be enough to convince ME to switch to a dual! LOL

http://american-speed.com/collective...hread.php?t=55
Old 02-20-2006, 10:56 AM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

I am going to be looking at probably ordering the Mac setup in the near future. I haven't heard it on the 4.0 but have there stuff on my 02 and love the way it sounds. I would love to hear a soundclip also if someone has one.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02pnygt

I am going to be looking at probably ordering the Mac setup in the near future. I haven't heard it on the 4.0 but have there stuff on my 02 and love the way it sounds. I would love to hear a soundclip also if someone has one.
If you like the sound of MAC then go for it, however you may want to order GT pipes from Keven instead of the complete MAC kit. I heard there are a lot of fitment issues with thier kit on the 4.0's.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
mtroy123

Scrming, I love the sound of your MRT single muffler, especially in that video where you do the burnout. I tried to play the clip with the dual MRTs but it wont play on my Windows Media Player, did you guys use WMP to play it??? I tried for like an hour to get that clip to play, I would love to hear the duals.

Rygen, thanks for the info about the installation problems on the MAC. Did you have any installation or rattling problems when you originally put your Magnaflow dual system on with the Y pipe??

Thanks for your help
Old 02-20-2006, 03:47 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Here is the link to the guy that can answer you questions about MAC, his name is Dan:
www.pacificaperformance.com
Good luck.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: 02pnygt

If you like the sound of MAC then go for it, however you may want to order GT pipes from Keven instead of the complete MAC kit. I heard there are a lot of fitment issues with thier kit on the 4.0's.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check into that.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:59 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

here is my dual gt take off
thread http://www.2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=1358
video http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/dis...bum=205&pos=45
Old 02-20-2006, 05:20 PM
mtroy123

afixer, where did you get that magnaflow x pipe? Is it stainless steel? How much did it cost? The gt takeoff system is definetly something I have been considering, but I have had problems finding an x, h, or prochamber made for V6 that will bolt up after the cats. I know I am being picky, but I would like to have everything stainless steel, and don't want to do any welding, if possible.

Thanks again for your help
Old 02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

2.5 magna flow i bought it on ebay but the link is gone . i did find this guy

http://www.magnaflowonline.com/catal...de5ec91344aac8

Quick Reply: Anyone here have a MAC dual exhaust kit?