Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

bamachips or alt. auto for automatics

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:17 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Default bamachips or alt. auto for automatics

after reading most all the threads about the tunes, I was wondering who is probably the best for the automatics, they both seem to have done a good job for all here (I'm ready to order as soon as I can find calibration code)
Old 02-24-2006, 12:43 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: bamachips or alt. auto for automatics

I think both Doug (Bamachips) and Lideo (Alternative Auto) are great. I think Doug has the edge with all of his years tuning 4.0L's in Explorers and Rangers, etc. - it was a natural shift to begin tuning the 4.0L in our Mustangs.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:44 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

thnx Hamidlmt, your car an auto, any advantage over your Auburn vs the ford t-lock?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:48 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

I have nothing to base my opinion on, other than the fact that with Doug's tune my V6 auto is twice the car that I purchased. It idles smoother, has no hesitation, shifts better, and finally is torquier. I'll have to add T-lok. His 92 octane performance tune blows me away.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:57 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

thx 05' I'm gonna get gears but prob. a few more months, got the exhaust upgrade, new tires by next week plus several other "show mods", budget gettin thin, e-mailed Doug tonight to get some final details clarified, will get them together and order tom night, how long did it take to get your gear from bamachips once you ordered?
Old 02-24-2006, 03:06 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bscottie

thnx Hamidlmt, your car an auto, any advantage over your Auburn vs the ford t-lock?
The Auburn is supposed to be stronger than the t-lok. Though, the t-lok on many cars are holding up just fine to some serious torque and hard launches. I think the Auburn locks up better than the t-lok. But, either are really good choices. After one of Doug's tunes, you'll want some sort of limited slip differential so you won't be spinning just one wheel!

I ordered my X-cal from Doug before he even had completed his tunes for the C&L intake, so, there was a short delay. However, once it shipped, it was only a couple days.

Let's just say... once I had a Bamachips tune, it was less than a month before I go the Auburn. She'd spin the wheel at less than half throttle, without even trying. And, that was on his 87 octane performance tune. The higher octane tunes are simply amazing!

If you've got the money, spring for the C&L too ...oh so nice!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:21 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

heres the plan

tru-dual exhaust magnflows w/Xpipe-installed
17" GT take-offs - ordered (who could pass up the Saleen deal- changing to black bullits this summer)
C&L CAI & SCT XCAL 2 Tune from Bamachips ordering 2/24
3.73s w/ford t-loc or Auburn lsd - next coulple of months if I can be patient (Sacramento Mustang has a good deal on either + installation)
few other "show" mods arriving daily - got 4.0 badges today
Old 02-24-2006, 03:25 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Great plan! You're gonna feel like you have a whole new ride!
Old 02-24-2006, 04:48 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

I agree, great plan! I too am saving for the rear-end upgrade. Thanks Hamidlmt for your invaluable info along the way. It's been too easy to tag along you folks.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:10 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I think both Doug (Bamachips) and Lideo (Alternative Auto) are great. I think Doug has the edge with all of his years tuning 4.0L's in Explorers and Rangers, etc. - it was a natural shift to begin tuning the 4.0L in our Mustangs.
I have great respect for Doug... but... while Doug may have more experience with the 4.0Ls, I think everyone recognizes Lidio as the top automatic guy... If you look at the different forums in the GT sections you see Lidio seems to be the one that everyone recommends for an automatic tune... Lidio's automatic tune shaved .25 off my 0-60 over my previous tune from elsewhere... And if you really want to feel something you ask him to give you "V6 John's Barbaric Shift Program"!!! LOL!

I don't think you'll go wrong with either shop... but for an automatic I have to give the advantage to Lidio...

Quick Reply: bamachips or alt. auto for automatics