Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

05-07 SALEEN SUPERCHARGER GROUP BUY SPECIAL From HaneyMotorsport

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:30 PM
WEEBZ

Default RE: 05-07 SALEEN SUPERCHARGER GROUP BUY SPECIAL From HaneyMotorsport

Hey all interested in this group buy, I have 3 words of advice for you...GO FOR IT!!, I bought in on this on the first group buy and I am very pleased with the end result and the customer service. First of all I was very impressed with Casey during the whole process. He answered all my e-mails and returned every one my phone calls. We spoke on the phone at least 5 times before I bought and at least 5 times after and he never hurried me off. I was skeptical as many of you are, but perhaps it will do you good to hear from a satisfied customer. When our group buy was official, Casey actually drove from Arizona to California and picked the blowers up himself. He is to be trusted and he does what he says he will do. Those qualities mean a bunch to me as a small business owner myself. You are only as good as your word. And Casey kept true to his word before and after I bought the blower. Now for a few words about the product. It is awesome to say the least, everyone who has been in my car before and after agree that is not even the same car. I was unfamiliar with all the blowers on the market and the new muscle car technology available today. So I did my home work and you all should too. Look carefully at the other blowers and determine if they are: 1) roots style 2) centrifugal style 3) true compressor. For example the roush blower is a roots style blower, so is the Saleen VI, but the roush is not a compressor and the Saleen is. For the most part they all boost about the same results of 100 -125 HP. Be understood that all of these claims are flywheel not rear wheel. I had mine professionally installed (www.murillomotorsports.com) as I recommend everyone do. Before I bought mine I had a Diablo tune done with 93 octane fuel, so I had already started out with 317 rear wheel HP on a mustang dyno. Please do your homework on the different dynos as well, mustang vs chassis. Keep in mind that stock GT is rated at 300HP, flywheel, so you deduct 15-17% to get your rear wheel horse power, which is 255. So after the install of the series VI and the upgrade kit and starting out with 317 rear wheel or 269 flywheel horse power, I dyno out at 417 true real wheel horse power, which equates to 485 at the fly wheel. So go back to a stock GT at 255 fly wheel and take it up to 485 and you get an increase of 225 at the fly wheel. Keep in mind I used the more conservative number here at 15%. Most importantly my mechanic did what he called a "conservative tune" meaning he actually had another 15-20 HP that he removed to get the air fuel ratio perfect. The reason for that was that I was ingesting more air than the stock exhaust was able to keep up with. This is why you want a dyno tune insted of the mail in Salle PCM tune, a good dyno man can really tweek the numbers. So next I will install a long tube header (dropping the cats) and h-pipe system on to my current flowmaster exhaust, and I will gain 35 to 50 rear wheel HP. So when all said and done with the Saleen series VI w/ 75 HP upgrade kit and new exhaust, I should be at least 535 rear wheel HP. So one last bit of advice just look at the difference between the Saleen and all the others. The others are just the blower and may or may not be intercooled. Shop wise, do your home work then call Casey.
I will post this picture, I have an after market mach 1, that I bought from the dealer that way. It had a functional shaker hood scoop that I modified to regain functionality with the blower. I also built the one of kind tower brace that passes through the blower.

[IMG]local://upfiles/42958/C1E6C7301F7240BFB732E21138F10A92.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42958/320EA6A9683547D8BB3785FAF7D2ED23.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-20-2006, 04:47 AM
06torchredgt

I was wondering how much for labor for saleen supercharger.
thanx
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM
WEEBZ

I spent $1300.00 on the install and tune. Keep in mind that Mike Murillo is one of the top mustang builders in the country. I went with the very best in the area because my car is brand new (2600 miles as of today) and I am building an investment. His reputation on the dyno / tune is second to none. Even Casey told me that my dyno numbers were much beter than the Saleen PCM tune. I am sure that I could of done the install, but I wanted it done right the first time. I highly recomend that to all If you are going to pay to get it installed have it done where they can put it staight on the dyno and tune it. The install took them 13 hours that included 3 hours of wiring.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:14 PM
06torchredgt

thanx for info.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Salee25
1st Gear Member

If you you are close to Irvine Ca. where Saleen is located, have them do the install.(They charge $1250) Also, you might as well have them do the 475 hp upgrade, they dont charge anymore for labor to install the upgrade. If you have them install the upgrade later, it'll cost you another $300.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:51 PM
WEEBZ

Keep in mind even with 475 HP upgrade it is fly wheel, not rear wheel. So even with the upgrade you will get at least 475 flywheel which is equal to about 405 HP at the rear wheel.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Nitehawk422
1st Gear Member

I just purchased the upgrade kit, great buying experience with Haneymotorsports. I already have the supercharger so this will be a nice addition to my already wild SALEEN. I have nothing but good things to say, just waiting on the products to arrive via the postal service. However I will caution those of you jumping into something like this that desire more power. Do your homework, ensure you get a professional installation and tune. The aluminum engine without forged internals or bottom end build up is good for about 450 to 500 hp. Anything more then that, and the clock on the time bomb is clicking down. Overall the Superchager and upgrade kit is a safe mod, as long as installation and tune remain conservative. Lean it out for more ponies and she will burn up pretty quick
CHEERS!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WEEBZ

I spent $1300.00 on the install and tune. Keep in mind that Mike Murillo is one of the top mustang builders in the country. I went with the very best in the area because my car is brand new (2600 miles as of today) and I am building an investment. His reputation on the dyno / tune is second to none. Even Casey told me that my dyno numbers were much beter than the Saleen PCM tune. I am sure that I could of done the install, but I wanted it done right the first time. I highly recomend that to all If you are going to pay to get it installed have it done where they can put it staight on the dyno and tune it. The install took them 13 hours that included 3 hours of wiring.
I don't mean to freak on your party or anything, but I just installed my first Saleen SC and it took 8 hours, and the wiring portion of the kit takes about 30 minutes. If I had to do another I could cut that time down drastically. I was going slow and careful on the first one.
Hopefully it was the dyno-tune that took them so long.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:06 AM
WEEBZ

That is very good and very true information. While I was at my mechanic's shop checking on progress of my install, there was an 06 GT next to mine with a rod hanging out of the block. It had a vortech blower and the owner had it installed and tuned somewhere else. The installing mech. tuned it to agressive and it could not hold up. Ironicly, I was in there again yesterday and saw the very scenario again. You really dont wont to go past 500 HP without forged pistons and crank. You can easily get over 500 with the Saleen with various upgrades, pulleys etc. But you have to ask yourself how many time do you want to pay for this? Dont be fooled or insulted by a "conservative tune". You will enjoy the 475.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:30 PM
06 tgstn vert

how much you guys talking for a reg. charger and cooler for an 06' GT?

Quick Reply: 05-07 SALEEN SUPERCHARGER GROUP BUY SPECIAL From HaneyMotorsport