West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Taping Runs at California Speedway on March 7th

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Default Taping Runs at California Speedway on March 7th

Hey guys,

For anyone interested we'll be out taping runs at the street legals at California Speedway on March 7th. We'll also probably be bringing a BBQ and a pop-tent so if anyone wants to join us and hang out for the day, let me know.

For those that want to be taped, please add your name onto the list here. You have to register to do it. Please add as many details about your car as possible so we make sure to get you. We can only film about 50 runs a day (here are all the runs from last year so you know what you're getting), so I want to make sure to get the right people. Also, when you get to the track we'll be set up with a camera in the stands. If you can please come up and see me I'm going to have something to mark the passenger side window (I'm just going to put a green dot on) so I know which people to tape for sure. In the past we've had a hard time getting all the correct cars so this will ensure accuracy this time.

If anyone has any questions the thread on our site(motorgen.com) is here. Also, please feel free to call or text me the day of if you have any problems. My cell # is 714-322-2324. I'll see you guys out there.

Sean
Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

It looks like the weather Gods may cooperate after all. Fingers crossed
Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

you ever go out to irwindale? i dont think ill make fontana this time around. trying to figure out whats wrong with my car now so i can go thursday night to irwindale
Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 AM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
you ever go out to irwindale? i dont think ill make fontana this time around. trying to figure out whats wrong with my car now so i can go thursday night to irwindale
I've actually never been but a few of my friends go often. We're kicking around the idea of doing a private track day at some point there.

I remember last time you were trying to get your car smogged - did you make it happen?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

oh ya, it "passed" with flying colors. took it to the track a few times without issue now im having a tuning issue. 5 minutes of light driving and the headers are bright orange. fuel is getting into my exhaust, im hoping the base timing is off, ill find out today after work when i begin to tinker with it it.........i hope
Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Okay everyone, we wanted to be a little higher tech and ensure we taped people who signed up, so here is how it's going to work. We have had 30 static cling stickers made up. They have an M and then are numbered from 1 to 30. For the 30 people that sign up here we will give you one of these stickers to put on the inside of your passenger window. They will be visible from the stands so we make sure to get the correct cars.

At the end of the day we'll get the stickers back (we're going to reuse them at future street legal events) and then sync your user name up with the numbers. Once the videos are cut they'll be posted on the site and high resolution copies will be available for download.

To get a sticker, sign up and then the day of the event look for either a 2003 Yellow Mach 1 or a 1982 White Vette and they'll have the stickers for you. If you don't see either of them, then before racing begins come up to the stands and I'll be the guy at the end with a video camera and I'll have some. If anyone has any questions shoot me a PM or give me a call. See you all out there - thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

ATTENTION!!!

To all who are going... please make sure to register and to get a window sticker for your ride so that we know to look out for you. This is the first time we are doing this so there may be some growing pains, so please bare with us. The stickers are static electricity stickers. They are not adhesive so don't worry about not being able to get them off. Pics below... not sure if we are going to be doing these on the windshield or the side window. We will have windex and paper towels to clean the area for the sticker.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:26 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Videos will go up over the course of the next week.

In the mean time, here are some photos that my friend took.

Also here are some videos from the dyno day we had to keep you from getting bored:

0) Greg Red Turbo Cobra
1) Cobra_Matt 2003 Black Cobra
2) blumnday99 2003 Built & Blown Mach 1
3) BlackLandShark 2005 Silverado SS
4) SeanPlunk 2004 Cobra 454rwhp/462rwtq
5) G-pa's 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
6) ULOSE Dark Blue SRT4
7) Deep-GXP Pontiac Solstice GXP
8) n2osage 2003 Twin-Turbo Chevrolet Corvette
9) Asrtive Dodge Charger SRT8
10) 300C SRT8
11) Master_1011 Dodge Charger SRT8
12) v3lzie 04 Cobra Vert.
13) SoCalC55 MB C55 AMG
14) ljudgeii MazdaSpeed 3
15) High HP Cobra
16) AdamVIP Pontiac Solstice GXP w/LNF Tune
17) Ben's Black Camaro Z28 Vert
18) compsystems 03 Lightning w/home ported blower, exhaust, 10psi
19) Grand National w/646rwhp High Dyno for the day
20) unknown's 98 Camaro Z28
21) Ian's 03 Torch Red Cobra
22) slow ride 02 Jim's 02 Camaro SS
23) Ian's friend's Turbo GTI
24) CRZYCUBAN2 SRT4 Caliber
25) Singha BMW 335i with Juice Box tune
26) Black Mustang Cobra
27) Ford Bronco w/Nitrous Over 600whp
28) Black Cobra Aborted Dyno Run
Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
firehorse02
2nd Gear Member

Any of you guys hitting up the PSCA this weekend at Fontana Dragway. They have a Mustang ONLY bracket class that is sponsored by Ford Racing. Check them out at www.pscaracing.com
Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Sorry for the delay everyone, the first 20 videos are here.

Quick Reply: Taping Runs at California Speedway on March 7th