Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foose rims with Brembo or Baer brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

Default Foose rims with Brembo or Baer brakes

Will The foose rims 20's fit a set of BAER OR BREMBO brakes?? The wheels and tires first then the brakes but i want to know if they will fit with each other......anyone with ANY info on this would be greatly appreciated........
Old 01-29-2007, 05:05 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Foose rims with Brembo or Baer brakes

Foose Nitrous 20s hardly fit the stock calipers. There is no way larger calipers will fit. There is literally the width of a quarter of space between the wheel and caliper as it is on my car.

Edit: The Speedster or other rims very well might fit those brakes though. I assumed you meant the Nitrous.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

IM just curious how Foose got those big rotors and calipers on his foose stallion?.....i want the big rotor caliper look but i'm dont want to give up my foose nitrous either......
Old 01-29-2007, 02:38 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

NO they will not fit the Nitrous wheels as they are but you can get H&R wheel spacers (I am using 15mm) which will help and they should be fine. You also need shorter valve stem replacements for the center valve stems.

Contact Jesse @ Turbo-Kits.com I know he can get them I got my coilovers and sway bars from him. Just send him the part number off of H&R's website.

email is jesse@turbo-kits.com and he is a sponsor of the forums.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

I did a little research on the stuff they use on the Foose mustang and i saw that they used Baer Brakes with Decelarotors.....i dont know if that makes a difference in the spacing and fitment......
Old 01-30-2007, 02:04 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Your right and the rotors are used only and the set is 13" instead of the real big 14" rotors with different calipers. You can use the stock calipers with them. When I do the upgrade I will use them in the rear and get the big brake kit for the fronts. J
ORIGINAL: Fireguy28

I did a little research on the stuff they use on the Foose mustang and i saw that they used Baer Brakes with Decelarotors.....i dont know if that makes a difference in the spacing and fitment......
Old 01-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Charon1st

Default Information for you

Originally Posted by Fireguy28
Will The foose rims 20's fit a set of BAER OR BREMBO brakes?? The wheels and tires first then the brakes but i want to know if they will fit with each other......anyone with ANY info on this would be greatly appreciated........
Got just what you need as I had my big brakes stolen by a dealership in process of buying the car...long story. We had taken pictures of the car the day before when dealer was closed and returned late the next day. Test drove the car and said we wanted it would be back in early am. We returned at 7:30 am to a young guy buying the car from another salesman...... The salesman we'd talked to quit over it, but I'm off subject. The car originally had HUGE front brakes and very large rear brakes. As the wife eventually bought the car two weeks later less the big brakes and the rear tires burn't off the NEW GT brakes that were installed weren't enough brake for this cars performance. The brakes all around were Baker brakes with red callipers and drilled slotted rotors. Contacted Baer brakes customer service then sales etc.. Eventually found the front 15 inch and rear 14 inch brakes were available could even get 'FOOSE' instead of 'BAER' milled into the calipers as Baer originally supplied the brakes for the Foose/Regency mustangs while at Ultimate. Not only were brakes available but all and I do mean all templates and measurements for new brackets calipers etc was sent to me via e-mail to measure prior to order. Didn't need them as the brakes I knew already fit. If I recall front and rear with tax was slightly over 3000.00. I may still have the e-mail saved on my other computer. I hope this helps. P.S. About four months later there was a full set of mustang BIG brakes 15 + 14 inch for sale close by the dealership...private seller for 1500.00. I called a couple times but never got an answer. The Foose Nitro wheels on the car are 20" needed for those rotors and callipers 17" or 18" are to small.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:19 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Charon1st
Got just what you need as I had my big brakes stolen by a dealership in process of buying the car...long story. We had taken pictures of the car the day before when dealer was closed and returned late the next day. Test drove the car and said we wanted it would be back in early am. We returned at 7:30 am to a young guy buying the car from another salesman...... The salesman we'd talked to quit over it, but I'm off subject. The car originally had HUGE front brakes and very large rear brakes. As the wife eventually bought the car two weeks later less the big brakes and the rear tires burn't off the NEW GT brakes that were installed weren't enough brake for this cars performance. The brakes all around were Baker brakes with red callipers and drilled slotted rotors. Contacted Baer brakes customer service then sales etc.. Eventually found the front 15 inch and rear 14 inch brakes were available could even get 'FOOSE' instead of 'BAER' milled into the calipers as Baer originally supplied the brakes for the Foose/Regency mustangs while at Ultimate. Not only were brakes available but all and I do mean all templates and measurements for new brackets calipers etc was sent to me via e-mail to measure prior to order. Didn't need them as the brakes I knew already fit. If I recall front and rear with tax was slightly over 3000.00. I may still have the e-mail saved on my other computer. I hope this helps. P.S. About four months later there was a full set of mustang BIG brakes 15 + 14 inch for sale close by the dealership...private seller for 1500.00. I called a couple times but never got an answer. The Foose Nitro wheels on the car are 20" needed for those rotors and callipers 17" or 18" are to small.
The post you quoted is 8 years old. Yes, almost a decade.

Welcome to the forum. There's tons of valuable information here for Mustang owners and fans.