Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLT Intake Install Completed Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
swooshpimp
1st Gear Member

Default JLT Intake Install Completed Today

Alright this is the 2nd phase of my upgrade process (1st being the FRPP Headers put on last weekend and 3rd will be the Pypes Exhaust come this weekend...stay tuned). So it was fairly simple and straight forward - the hardest part would had to have been just putting on the elbow on the intake tube. The tune went just as directed - I did call SCT to confirm that I didnt have to disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuse as indicated in the directions. Overall it took about 30min taking it easy. I did take it for a test drive and at first I was just putting around until I got into the open road and there is a difference right away and that was with the 87 Octance tune since I still have half a tank (for now). You can definately hear a difference and feel one as well . On another not there were 3 things that I called Brenspeed about.[/align][/align]1 - The fans kicked on after I turned the car off; though not unusual my car never did that before but after talking with them thats how the tune is set up so its all good[/align]2 - I could hear a hissing sound coming from the Resovoir Tank for the Coolant. They said its probably just due to the increase in acceleration from my little drive but just to monitor it for a few days to see if it goes away and to call them back[sm=smiley24.gif][/align]3 - Now, this is the most concerning. There was a slight smell of something burning or really hot. Cant be sure as to what it was. They said to check and see if it does it again after a few more drives and to call them back as well. [&:][/align]