Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait period on an ordered V6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Perilous
1st Gear Member

Default Wait period on an ordered V6?

I know that a GT order is a ridiculous wait, but I'm curious as to the waiting period for an ordered V6?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:48 AM
T.J. King

Default RE: Wait period on an ordered V6?

Mine arrived in the 11th week after ordering.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
sam_abuelsamid

I got mine in 5 1/2 weeks. Of course shipping time was only a couple days after build since my dealer is opnly about 35 miles west of Flat Rock. I ordered a Sonic Blue V6 premium with a 5 spd stick int sport app pkg and abs/tc.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

ordered 1/10/2005..recieved 2/26/2005
Old 04-07-2005, 03:22 PM
fordseller

About 4 to 6 weeks. I actually took a sold order on a GT that only took 6 weeks. Unfortunately we are now ordering GTs for 2006 model year.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:18 PM
stangprincess
1st Gear Member

5 weeks, to the day
Old 04-14-2005, 11:41 PM
jbanacek

sam_abuelsamid, I am also thinking about ordering a V-6 Premium. I noticed you worked for the company that built the abs/tc, and that you added that option on your order. I have been wondering if it's worth the $700+ upgrade. I'm thinking yes obviously. I had it on a Seville STS I had and really liked it in stormy weather. And through the years ABS has saved my *** a few times on a panic stop. I would think with the V6 it would add some much needed stability and control. Obviously since you built it, and have it you like it but I'm still curious about your thoughts if you care to talk shop and expound a bit. I'd also be curious if anyone else out there with a V6 has it and has any input, or how the V8 owners like it. I suspect I'll see a car close enough to my wants on a lot soon and would just buy it and avoid the hassle of ordering if I thought the traction upgrade wasn't all that nescisary.

The other thing is, I have had a hard enough time deciding not to order the GT, and every time I add a GT equiped option to my V-6 I jack up the price. Makes me just wonder if I shouldn't either do without it of get the Gt instead. I want that Mineral Gray, that color is strong, but not so flashy. I like the brighter colors but just can't see myself in them. Black is beautifull, but oh so hot in August in Houston hah. Incidentally I grew up in the 70s and while there were some nice models back then (67-69) I was never a big fan of the Mustangs. But, they got this car right and it just looks like an incredible value on a new sports car right now. I'd get a GT but just can't bring myself to pay over sticker. Peace
Old 04-14-2005, 11:56 PM
DutchJaap

Ordered my Mineral Grey Metalic V6 premium with ABS/Active alarm/ IUP/ EUP. Shaker 500 on 12/18/04
car got built on 4/04/05, shipped 4/04/05 and still not arrived in Danbury Ct.
Hoping for Tommorow or Saterday, or my wait will be till next Saterday due to work.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:51 AM
sam_abuelsamid

ORIGINAL: jbanacek

sam_abuelsamid, I am also thinking about ordering a V-6 Premium. I noticed you worked for the company that built the abs/tc, and that you added that option on your order. I have been wondering if it's worth the $700+ upgrade. I'm thinking yes obviously. I had it on a Seville STS I had and really liked it in stormy weather. And through the years ABS has saved my *** a few times on a panic stop. I would think with the V6 it would add some much needed stability and control. Obviously since you built it, and have it you like it but I'm still curious about your thoughts if you care to talk shop and expound a bit. I'd also be curious if anyone else out there with a V6 has it and has any input, or how the V8 owners like it. I suspect I'll see a car close enough to my wants on a lot soon and would just buy it and avoid the hassle of ordering if I thought the traction upgrade wasn't all that nescisary.

The other thing is, I have had a hard enough time deciding not to order the GT, and every time I add a GT equiped option to my V-6 I jack up the price. Makes me just wonder if I shouldn't either do without it of get the Gt instead. I want that Mineral Gray, that color is strong, but not so flashy. I like the brighter colors but just can't see myself in them. Black is beautifull, but oh so hot in August in Houston hah. Incidentally I grew up in the 70s and while there were some nice models back then (67-69) I was never a big fan of the Mustangs. But, they got this car right and it just looks like an incredible value on a new sports car right now. I'd get a GT but just can't bring myself to pay over sticker. Peace
Personally I would say that the abs/tc is definitely worth the price. This is especially true because the limited slip differential that ford uses is a piece of crap and only slightly better than useless. With my x-plan price the option was $690 but I would still pay full price. The tc is vastly more effective than the lsd that ford puts in. If you live anywhere that has winter I would also definitely recomend it since this is a rwd car. I think all rwd cars should have tc standard. The nice thing about the mustand tc is that it is not overly aggressive. It does allow enough slip to optimize the acceleration without bogging things down and lets you balance out understeer with the throttle. For those times when you really want let things hang out you can turn off the tc.

As for v6/v8 question, drive the v6 before you decide. The new 4L is vastly better than the old 3.8. It feels almost as strong to me as my old 91 5.0L. With the 6 you will get better fuel economy and cheaper insurance. The GT is definitely faster, but I guess it comes down to how and how much you are going to drive. With gas prices not likely to dip much below $2 /gallon for the forseeable future, since the mustang is my daily driver and I am not planning on racing anyone, I deemed it fast enough for me. You need to drive and decide what is right for you.