Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang with Wheels, tires, and stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

Default New Mustang with Wheels, tires, and stereo

I just ordered my 2005 Mustang GT mid april and expect delivery mid june. I'm going to be paying $25,850 before tax and license in Southern California. It's white with leather sport bucket seats, the alarm system, air bags, interior upgrade package. I basically got everything on it except the Wheels and Shaker 1000, just went with the factory stuff. I'm going to be putting on Steeda Ultralite 05 satin finish 18" wheels on it. I'm also putting a Kenwood touchscreen deck with navigation and a bumping system. at any rate, i was wondering if anyone had any info on a Certain type of wheel. I'm going to be putting on the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S Tires P275/40ZR - 18 99W B. anybody have any info on those tires or the milage i can expect to get if i am not riding them to hard. If anyone is willing to share what they got on their Mustang and what they paid for it, i'd appreciate it. Also, can anyone give any information on what type of speakers, subs, amps to get, i'm looking for something that hits, but is also clean at higher volume levels, i dont need to be heard 5 miles down the road.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:24 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: New Mustang with Wheels, tires, and stereo

Look for MTX to make a custom molded sub enclosure that will fit in the trunk similar to the Shaker 1000. Difference between it and the Shaker will be obvious - the MTX name!! It will probably by offered both powered and passive. I'd go passive so you can really push them. MTX makes some pretty serious stuff at good prices.

The factory full range speakers in the doors and back dash are pretty clean sounding. If you get good power amps and subs, and cross it over right, you'll have to turn the bass WAY down on the head unit, therefore allowing your factory full range speakers to handle a lot of volume - and it will be clean. I have this set-up in my F150 (MTX Thunderform, powered by 250 MTX Sub Amp), and the Bass control is rarely over 2 notches out of 10. Sounds killer! The idea is to let the subs handle everything under 90/100 hz, and let the factory speakers handle only the mid to high range.