Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about the GT500 splitter

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ? about the GT500 splitter

Well you better call around your dealerships and find one in stock or get one ordered...
Old 07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Also I just realized why you guys are getting sag. You have to bolt the sides deep into the wheelwells. In doing so it cause the center section to turn up and sit flush and not sag...

When you're are installing it you will have to pull it in, you will feel it resist, but that just means its pulling it up and not sagging.
[/align][/align]I understand what you mean, but I actually did that (I bolted it in 3 places on each side actually) and it still sags . I think I know how to fix the sag now, but I would have to drill more holes and you would see the bolts afterwords, though.[/align][/align]Actually, where you have the splitter screwed into the bumper is closer to the center of the car than mine; maybe thats whats causing the problem (mine is screwed into the spot where the oem screw is (the one to the left of where you screwed the splitter on))[/align]
Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

ok so you cant just screw them into the oem slots? i just picked mine up today guys for 75 plus tax, and im gonna put it on after work tonight, please someone do a quick write up or something so we all know how to properly install it, the sag is no big deal as there are ways to fix it, but i need to get this thing up and ready for panama city beach next week this will help a lot
Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xeno

[/align][/align]I understand what you mean, but I actually did that (I bolted it in 3 places on each side actually) and it still sags . I think I know how to fix the sag now, but I would have to drill more holes and you would see the bolts afterwords, though.[/align][/align]Actually, where you have the splitter screwed into the bumper is closer to the center of the car than mine; maybe thats whats causing the problem (mine is screwed into the spot where the oem screw is (the one to the left of where you screwed the splitter on))[/align]
You didn't do what I said. You did what I said is wrong to do. You CAN'T use the OEM screws on the fenders that's what causes the sag.

You have to pull it more into the middle of the car, like I was trying to explain...
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

http://forums.stangnet.com/738399-gt...lation-gt.html

This is the only how-to that I could find since the search function on here is down.

The only two things that I would recommend different however. Is to not cut the entire section out. Only the crossbeam pattern in the same spot. Just like the pictures I posted earlier.
The second thing I would do different is, that I wouldn't use the factory spots as I have posted just recently.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Actually, where you have the splitter screwed into the bumper is closer to the center of the car than mine; maybe thats whats causing the problem
Yeah, I caught my mistake and realized what you were talking about

(I figured it out as I was writing my last post and forgot to erase the first part of what I said [&:])