Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much should I pay for a 2011 GT500?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:47 AM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

whomever thinks paying in cash is a good idea is sorely wrong, well it is a good idea for you but the dealer doesn't like it and will not give you the best deal, I don't like financing anything I don't have to. just saying they make money on the finance too.

you are better off selling your car privately. I have no idea how to negotiate on a special car like the gt500, I would shop several dealers and see what they would do on ordering one for you. what I wonder is how in the world are you guys getting to test drive these cars, the dealer I am buying my 2011 super duty from told me they would need a 10k deposit and back ground check. keep in mind this was AFTER I had agreed to buy a truck from them.

I was at the dealer yesterday and they had 2 gt500's a 2010 and a 2011, I sat in both of them, and promised myself someday I will own one. those cars are that compelling, the seats fit me tighter than my '07's and the suede on the steering wheel made me think of roasting the tires around a corner while in a controlled drift. I can see why you had to have one and I didn't even get to drive one. I think whats really tempting is a an 07 or 08 low mile gt500, those are going for about 32k, a pulley swap and $1500 bucks and you will be laughing at the guys thinking they are cool in their new 5.0's and they paid the same money.

Last edited by cummins cowboy; 09-17-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:52 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

where in the middle east?
and isnt the gas overseas somewhat different than ours and might cause problems? bc i remember reading about a GTR grenading because the gas made it do something weird lol
Old 09-17-2010, 04:40 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
you are better off selling your car privately.
In my case, my car needs new brakes, transmission oil change, new tires before I can sell it privately. So I believe I'm better off just having the dealer deal with it.

Those GT500's are going fast and I want to be able to put my hands on a Sterling Grey with glass roof, SVT PP and stripe delete.

what I wonder is how in the world are you guys getting to test drive these cars, the dealer I am buying my 2011 super duty from told me they would need a 10k deposit and back ground check. keep in mind this was AFTER I had agreed to buy a truck from them.
I honestly thought they wouldn't let me test drive it especially that it had just rolled off the truck and it's a special vehicle. But I just showed them that I'm serious about trading in my car for one and they handed me the key!

I was at the dealer yesterday and they had 2 gt500's a 2010 and a 2011, I sat in both of them, and promised myself someday I will own one. those cars are that compelling, the seats fit me tighter than my '07's and the suede on the steering wheel made me think of roasting the tires around a corner while in a controlled drift. I can see why you had to have one and I didn't even get to drive one.
Exactly! I have lately considered moving to a different type of car but after test driving this I just had to get one. I'm getting a much more refined mustang with higher performance and a great platform to build on, better handling and better looks!

It's probably the best car for me in its category.

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
where in the middle east?
and isnt the gas overseas somewhat different than ours and might cause problems? bc i remember reading about a GTR grenading because the gas made it do something weird lol
Saudi Arabia.

Maybe Saudi's octane quality is lower than the States, which doesn't make sense. But Saudi offers 91 ($0.45/Gallon) and 95 ($0.61/Gallon). My cousin has a 2006 Mustang GT over there and he's running a 91 Bama tune on 95 gas and it has been doing well. There are already GT500's on the streets there so I'm sure I'll be fine from this side.

Last edited by rshamekh; 09-17-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rshamekh
Thanks for the responses everyone!

Any known problems on the GT500?
I read somewhere that they tend to have
problems with the clutch even before they
hit 10,000 miles.
they have lots of wheel spin problems due to shotty rear tire size to silly amounts of power going to the rear

but yea cash isnt a great thing nowadays, stealerships want that loan
Old 09-17-2010, 08:34 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by rshamekh
In my case, my car needs new brakes, transmission oil change, new tires before I can sell it privately. So I believe I'm better off just having the dealer deal with it.

Those GT500's are going fast and I want to be able to put my hands on a Sterling Grey with glass roof, SVT PP and stripe delete.

I honestly thought they wouldn't let me test drive it especially that it had just rolled off the truck and it's a special vehicle. But I just showed them that I'm serious about trading in my car for one and they handed me the key!

Exactly! I have lately considered moving to a different type of car but after test driving this I just had to get one. I'm getting a much more refined mustang with higher performance and a great platform to build on, better handling and better looks!

It's probably the best car for me in its category.

Saudi Arabia.

Maybe Saudi's octane quality is lower than the States, which doesn't make sense. But Saudi offers 91 ($0.45/Gallon) and 95 ($0.61/Gallon). My cousin has a 2006 Mustang GT over there and he's running a 91 Bama tune on 95 gas and it has been doing well. There are already GT500's on the streets there so I'm sure I'll be fine from this side.
You're going to pay for a NEW GT500 ALL at once? You must be loaded. Seriously though if you have this kind of cash why not just go get a new z06 and take a loan out on the rest? Shelby GT is a neat looking car and all but a z06 will be more fun to drive and faster.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
You're going to pay for a NEW GT500 ALL at once? You must be loaded. Seriously though if you have this kind of cash why not just go get a new z06 and take a loan out on the rest? Shelby GT is a neat looking car and all but a z06 will be more fun to drive and faster.
Some of us prefer not to live in debt.....

Side note:

Exhibit 1: Cause of the US Recession. lol
Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

OP, some banks will let you take your car overseas, some wont. It just depends. As for the warrenty, I would bet you can forget about it. I am moving to Germany soon, and the warrenty on my 09 will not be honored there, and neither was the warrenty on my wifes Audi the last time I was in Germany. I would be willing to bet you will have the same issue. But I would contact a service dept. where you are heading, dont listen to what the dealerships here tell you.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:04 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Anytime you finance a car though them they make 1% off that sale. They take that into account when your buying a car. Like vista said, purchase the car through them, make sure you can pay if off right after, and enjoy your new car. I got a lower price on the 2011 V6 because I did financing through them.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:35 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

well if you are gonna get any kind of tune make sure they know your overseas
bc the GTR thing was because he got a tune from a GTR tuner (cant remember the name right now because of beer lol) but because of the mix up in gas it made his GTR grenade
make sure u have a garage tho the sand is the reason my dad didnt bring his 10th anny cobra to dubai
Old 09-18-2010, 10:36 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

so you buy this thing yet lol

Quick Reply: How much should I pay for a 2011 GT500?