Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hvae you ever wanted to drive your car off a cliff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

If you want a 'modern car' wait until Ford designs an independent rear suspension, otherwise heres a newsflash - you have the SAME CAR as the 2011, just different engine/transmission.

And OP, pull your door panel and find the rattle, swap your front strut mounts out with something better than ford's POS implementation and get rid of ford's POS shifter. These cars have always had problems with the crummy front strut mounts and remote mounted shifter. Fix the little things that bother you and you will love the car, I can promise you that. I've had mine in pieces a few times finding the little quirks and have to say it feels pretty good now knowing that if anything crops up on this car I can repair it.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Itz_Gizzy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Yes I have. Especially since they came out with the Camaro SS and 5.0 my 2006 is slow in comparison and outdated machinery now that is losing vaule fast.

I tried all I can to bombard my parents into getting me a more modern car but they wont cosign again. I've been saving ever single penny, up to 9000k in the bank now but still not enough.

Are you kidding me? How old are you?
You drive a vehicle that is a 2006, and you are complaining about your car being "old"? You need a reality check bud, you are lucky to have a 2006 car. Appreciate what you have instead of always wanting more

Spoiled kids these days. Try working for everything you have ever owned, instead of having "mommy and daddy" buy it for you.

What has the world come to? Jesus
Old 10-06-2010, 11:51 AM
jawsgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
If you want a 'modern car' wait until Ford designs an independent rear suspension, otherwise heres a newsflash - you have the SAME CAR as the 2011, just different engine/transmission.

And OP, pull your door panel and find the rattle, swap your front strut mounts out with something better than ford's POS implementation and get rid of ford's POS shifter. These cars have always had problems with the crummy front strut mounts and remote mounted shifter. Fix the little things that bother you and you will love the car, I can promise you that. I've had mine in pieces a few times finding the little quirks and have to say it feels pretty good now knowing that if anything crops up on this car I can repair it.
yea my 07 had the front strut clunk problem this one just makes a really bad squeek noise only after being drove for a long period and when its hot out. the door panel i might pull that off myself like you said but as for the shifter i never had a problem with my 07 shifter and infact i liked it better than my hurst i bought for it.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Itz_Gizzy
You drive a vehicle that is a 2006, and you are complaining about your car being "old"? You need a reality check bud, you are lucky to have a 2006 car. Appreciate what you have instead of always wanting more

Spoiled kids these days. Try working for everything you have ever owned, instead of having "mommy and daddy" buy it for you.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:02 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by Itz_Gizzy

I save my money. It's not my fault they keep jacking the prices up and my part time job pay is a joke and they wont pay me accordingly. Im worth more than 8$ an hour.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I save my money. It's not my fault they keep jacking the prices up and my part time job pay is a joke and they wont pay me accordingly. Im worth more than 8$ an hour.
Either

A. Get a degree and get a real job

Or

B. Work full time/find a better job

It's just reality. I'm 20 years old, bought this car fully, with my own earned money, and am working part-time while going to school full-time. I'm happy with what I have. Yes, I'd love a GT, but for right now, I'm not complaining

This thread is getting O/T...

Am I the only one that has to repeatedly press the trunk release on my fob to get the trunk to release? **** drives me nuts

Last edited by Alec; 10-06-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

If you believe you're worth more than $8/hr, I suggest going and looking for better jobs?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
Damn, then my 03 must be ancient then...according to that kid with the 06 lol.
Imagine if he had to drive something like my '91. I wish my mommy would buy me a new car cause mine was only 4yrs old.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Tang 72
2nd Gear Member

06s are very modern IMO. For the record driving an olds school muscle car is nowhere near as easy as you might think. Keep in mind many 60s and early 70s muscle cars where optioned without power brakes or steering much less power windows. Power locks where not produced and neither was the quick steering ratios and all around solid feeling new cars have. Suspension and chassis design has came a long way in 40 years. If you can muster complaints about these newer cars with much more efficient drive trains and drive-ability decades ahead than the older muscle will feel like big, noisy, boats. That being said i adore my classics... but there are many good reasons i dont drive the charger to work every day. I think it is unfortunate however that so many 2010+ Mustangers are having unfortunate issues. News cars are expensive.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jawsgt
yea my 07 had the front strut clunk problem this one just makes a really bad squeek noise only after being drove for a long period and when its hot out. the door panel i might pull that off myself like you said but as for the shifter i never had a problem with my 07 shifter and infact i liked it better than my hurst i bought for it.
I had a hurst and yeah...the stock shifter was better.

The squeak could just be a spring isolator thats misaligned. Lots of little things will all add up to drive you crazy. I know what you mean.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 10-06-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Hvae you ever wanted to drive your car off a cliff?