Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning your Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

For the most part I'm a Meguiars fan. I plainly don't have the money to afford the highest end products out there and meguiars to me has been the best balance between expense and result. I use Meguiars quick detailer on all plastic/matte surfaces and sometimes on paint depending on the application, also use their car wash soap as well as interior cleaners such as leather protectant etc.

However, despite previously being not much of an Armor All fan, (only have some interior wipes by them), after the release of the new Butter Wax/ Detailer I actually have become a fan of them. Wipes on and off crazy easy compared to the traditional, won't cost you an arm and a leg, and comes out with a really smooth finish. Their detailer is what I use on my paint now because it's almost like a thinner version of their butter wax, cleans up the dirt and then acts as a reapplication of wax. Honestly happy to say I use it.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Well, believe it or not, since I bought my car in Dec. 2006, I have never washed it. I never had a reason to. The car is never driven in the rain or snow, only on pretty days. It is kept under a car cover which I use a California Duster to wipe down or I use Meguire's Detailing Spray with a Microfiber cloth before putting the cover back on.
This is the list of products I use on all my vehicles;

Wash: Meguires Gold Class
Polish: Meguires #7
Wax: Meguires 27 High Tec Yellow
Wheels: 3M wheel wax
Tires: Meguires High Endurance (smells like grape)
Vinal: Meguires rubber and vinyl protectant
Leather: Meguires Conditioning Foam, and Lexol Leather Cleaner
Windows: Rainx spray
For in between; Meguires Gold Class Wax with Carnauba and Meguires Detailing Spray

I really like Meguires products. Easy to use and doesn't hurt your wallet so much. Plus you can get them at any place that sells Auto stuff.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Well, believe it or not, since I bought my car in Dec. 2006, I have never washed it. I never had a reason to. The car is never driven in the rain or snow, only on pretty days. It is kept under a car cover which I use a California Duster to wipe down or I use Meguire's Detailing Spray with a Microfiber cloth before putting the cover back on.

For in between; Meguires Gold Class Wax with Carnauba and Meguires Detailing Spray

I really like Meguires products. Easy to use and doesn't hurt your wallet so much. Plus you can get them at any place that sells Auto stuff.
My car also NEVER goes out in the rain or anything but perfect sunny days..wont go out if roads are wet..but damn I still wash it plenty. Just cause its not going out in weather doesnt mean it doesnt need to be washed. your picking up road debris that could scratch the paint if your not cleaning it properly.

Also why are you listing a megs Gold class car wash if you said you never washed it?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 AM
yank194
1st Gear Member

+1 for Zaino!

I use all the Zaino products for both the exterior and interior (leather seats). I also use Rain X for the outside of the windows, Invisible Glass for inside (don't have tint yet), and 3M tire cleaner for the tires, then Zaino tires Polish. I clean the rims, use Zaino Z2, then use Swissvax rim wax (nit the correct term).

I did get crazy last year and paid $150 for Swissvax Glacier wax. Expensive BC it has a higher percent of carnauba wax in it. I watched Miracle Detail YouTube vids and figured what the hell, why not try it.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
My car also NEVER goes out in the rain or anything but perfect sunny days..wont go out if roads are wet..but damn I still wash it plenty. Just cause its not going out in weather doesnt mean it doesnt need to be washed. your picking up road debris that could scratch the paint if your not cleaning it properly.

Also why are you listing a megs Gold class car wash if you said you never washed it?
I think she was talking about washing all of her other cars with the shampoo. But really you never wash your car '07? That's some of the fun of owning a mustang.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I think she was talking about washing all of her other cars with the shampoo. But really you never wash your car '07? That's some of the fun of owning a mustang.
So true! Actually my days of washing the mustang are more often recreational than for real need. During the summer I end up probably washing the car more than driving it lol.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang

I agree! I washed my black cars once in a yr..NEVER out in anything but sunshine...I always dust and shoot down the car with Meguires detailer or quick wax before each time out of the garage...keeps them sparkling!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I hate how dust always collects on the rear of my car everytime I drive it. There is a really good detail shop here where I live and the guy that has been running it for years says he doesn't like Armor All stuff either. He says they put silicone in they're product to give it that slippery shine. He said then you have this silicone film that over time works it's way into whatever you put it on and then gets dull. Now you have dull silicone that is very hard to get out, so then you end up putting more silicone on top that to make it shine again.

Last edited by Wally39; 03-25-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:53 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Haven't used Armor All or any other shiney product like that for a long time. I use Megiuars "Natural Shine" protectant and it's decent.

I recently ordered some buffing pads and swirl remover from Adams. Their prices are very high but the products are top notch.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:03 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner

I use Megs Gold Class Wash for my other vehicles.
Seriously, my car is not dirty. I do understand about picking up road debris, that's why I keep it detailed and use a California Duster. I keep wax and polish on it that helps keep the dirt off too.