Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Yes, update please
Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

just read the whole thing

its very sad and I hope ford steps up
if I were you I'd look into changing insurance asap

also be sure to get publicity on this
and maybe see if you can hunt down one of the top exec's number's and call them late (8-10pm their time)

things like this are why I don't go to a ford dealer for warrenty work (I go to a lincoln mercury they can do ford warrenty but seem to be more acustom to people that want things done right and done nicely)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:20 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mobydick
I would send it back with a note inside stating 3 months is unacceptable, and with your lawyers contact information and that any more correspondence should be sent to them!
Also, be sure to send them the bill for having to rent the Mazda 3!!! Hoping you get a resolution very soon!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Slow_Lane

No update for 2 weeks, maybe ford gave her a new car and she can not speak of it.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

I'd like to see some pics but i would call ford, ask to speak to somebody with *****. You have the ***** to serve this country so use them to talk some **** and get them to work for you, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. FORD is awesome!!!!!! However, they're are a lot of no common sense d-bags out there that just don't get it. Put your foot in the door and demand your car fixed for free or a brand new one. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Slow_Lane

Facebook search "Engine Fire 2011 5.0" To see about 10 Pics. And I would only accept a new vehicle.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Gen5_40
1st Gear Member

Recently heard that Ford replaced a customer's Expedition that caught fire.
The owner had not yet taken it back for the recall on the cruise control issue where brake fluid could drip into the electrical connector of the ABS / cruise/... connector and cause a fire since the power was not properly protected with an inline fuse. The vehicle went on fire while the owner was away on vacation. Ford replaced the vehicle even though there was a possibility that the after market high amperage sound system tied directly to the battery might have been culprit in the fire.

When I questioned why the vehicle was replaced when there was a possibility the owner may have been at fault I was told that Ford is trying very hard to keep good customer relations.

Hmmmmmm!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:37 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 7gtthrilla
I'd like to see some pics but i would call ford, ask to speak to somebody with *****. You have the ***** to serve this country so use them to talk some **** and get them to work for you, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. FORD is awesome!!!!!! However, they're are a lot of no common sense d-bags out there that just don't get it. Put your foot in the door and demand your car fixed for free or a brand new one. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
I think the problem here is that well number one, she's clearly been pressing for action when Ford won't put her through to anybody helpful. Number two, a company isn't awesome when you have a life threatening problem with their product and you have to play games with them to get a solution. Good company policy would necessitate immediate replacement or reimbursement for the product....not making her become an aggressor to get anything she DESERVES.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:29 AM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gen5_40

When I questioned why the vehicle was replaced when there was a possibility the owner may have been at fault I was told that Ford is trying very hard to keep good customer relations.

Hmmmmmm!
Based on what I went through to get my transmission fixed, I can personally call BS on this. Ford is currently all about helping you up until the time you sign for the car. After that it's like going to the dentist.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 AM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Nothing has happened yet, except that Ford wen out to inspect the car. Now I'm waiting for their next letter. I'll be so relieved when this is over.

Quick Reply: My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it