Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:19 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

^^That's showing progress^^ =-)
Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

agreed...
Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
joekr
1st Gear Member

Good news that Ford replied here!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey dstowe2003,

Your claim is currently in the evaluation stage. We commit very substantial resources and sincere efforts in an attempt to resolve any customer concerns. Someone will contact you once they have completed the analysis.

Deysha
I’ve been driving Fords for about 10 years. Personally I’ve bought five new Fords (01 F250, 05 F250, 06 F350, 07 GT500 and a 07 F150, I currently still own all but the F150) in that time frame and bought a new Escape for my Mom. I’ve never had any real problem out of them. Total warranty repairs have to be less then $1,000.00. That’s why I drive Fords They are built better then GM products.

The 2011 Mustang belonging to dstowe2003 has been at dealership for about three months and all you have to say is “Your claim is currently in the evaluation stage. We commit very substantial resources and sincere efforts in an attempt to resolve any customer concerns. Someone will contact you once they have completed the analysis.”

That is TOTAL BOVINE EXCREMENT! You personally have been on this for nearly a week.

I don’t know if dstowe2003 paid cash for the car or financed it other the Ford Motor Credit. My mom paid cash and trade-in for a Ford Probe one time and the Dealer tried something about the same. The car was 11 months old, it had about 11,000 miles on it and the AC broke down. She paid for a Ford Extended Warranty also and the Dealer tried to tell her Evaporator was not covered under either the 3/36 or the Extended Warranty.

I tried Customer Service and they were useless. How I fixed it was I got a list of the Ford Motor Co. Executives, Lied to the AT&T operators and got some Private Phone numbers. And I finally got in touch with; let’s just say he could get things done. He was kind of annoyed I called his house at 9:00pm but he was more annoyed at the dealer. He told me to have my car there at 7:00 the next morning and it would be fixed. When I got there at 6:45am everyone that work at the dealer was there, Sales staff, Mechanics, Finance, accounting, car washers everybody. The Service manager said Mr. Ogden your car will be fixed by late this afternoon. The dealership will be loaning you a vehicle in the meantime! It was fixed by 3:00 pm.

Dstowe, If the Dealership that has your car is not literally pulling the wiring harness out of the car or Ford hasn’t said a new car will be delivered to you by Friday a 5:00 pm, It’s time for legal action and don’t accept anything from Ford Or the Dealer after that. They have had 3 months! Ford Management has changed over the last 22 years. I don’t have the Phone Numbers of the top Executives but I do have the number to a Law Firm that Sued Ford and Won over the (TPS) Throttle Position Sensor on Superduty Trucks Forcing Ford Replace or Refund all TPS that had problems. It cost Ford 7 million Dollars. If I’m not mistaken they were out of PA. Also. Let me know!

Last edited by mobydick; 05-19-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

^^Agreed.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:23 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

I think the power of the Yellow Bullet may be needed on this one!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I would agree that Ford at least needs to be extending a loaner....It's great that Ford wants to analyze the problem, but after potentially setting the customer on fire, Ford should suck it up and replace the car. Honestly if I were in Dstowe's shoes I would never buy a Ford again, and my story would be heard far and wide and potentially persuade others not to buy Fords.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by mobydick
I’ve been driving Fords for about 10 years. Personally I’ve bought five new Fords (01 F250, 05 F250, 06 F350, 07 GT500 and a 07 F150, I currently still own all but the F150) in that time frame and bought a new Escape for my Mom. I’ve never had any real problem out of them. Total warranty repairs have to be less then $1,000.00. That’s why I drive Fords They are built better then GM products.

The 2011 Mustang belonging to dstowe2003 has been at dealership for about three months and all you have to say is “Your claim is currently in the evaluation stage. We commit very substantial resources and sincere efforts in an attempt to resolve any customer concerns. Someone will contact you once they have completed the analysis.”

That is TOTAL BOVINE EXCREMENT! You personally have been on this for nearly a week.

I don’t know if dstowe2003 paid cash for the car or financed it other the Ford Motor Credit. My mom paid cash and trade-in for a Ford Probe one time and the Dealer tried something about the same. The car was 11 months old, it had about 11,000 miles on it and the AC broke down. She paid for a Ford Extended Warranty also and the Dealer tried to tell her Evaporator was not covered under either the 3/36 or the Extended Warranty.

I tried Customer Service and they were useless. How I fixed it was I got a list of the Ford Motor Co. Executives, Lied to the AT&T operators and got some Private Phone numbers. And I finally got in touch with; let’s just say he could get things done. He was kind of annoyed I called his house at 9:00pm but he was more annoyed at the dealer. He told me to have my car there at 7:00 the next morning and it would be fixed. When I got there at 6:45am everyone that work at the dealer was there, Sales staff, Mechanics, Finance, accounting, car washers everybody. The Service manager said Mr. Ogden your car will be fixed by late this afternoon. The dealership will be loaning you a vehicle in the meantime! It was fixed by 3:00 pm.

Dstowe, If the Dealership that has your car is not literally pulling the wiring harness out of the car or Ford hasn’t said a new car will be delivered to you by Friday a 5:00 pm, It’s time for legal action and don’t accept anything from Ford Or the Dealer after that. They have had 3 months! Ford Management has changed over the last 22 years. I don’t have the Phone Numbers of the top Executives but I do have the number to a Law Firm that Sued Ford and Won over the (TPS) Throttle Position Sensor on Superduty Trucks Forcing Ford Replace or Refund all TPS that had problems. It cost Ford 7 million Dollars. If I’m not mistaken they were out of PA. Also. Let me know!
Dude, don't be a d**k to the Ford rep! She's trying to help as best she can. If you can't be constructive or positive GTFO!

I don't know of ANY other automotive forum that is not OEM sanctioned that has what I consider a dedicated OEM rep keeping an eye on the threads to address issues like these. She didn't have to get involved! I'd hate to lose that because of people like you.

Does it suck the car has been down for that long, absolutely! I'm sure Ford is trying to make sure they don't have a Prius situation on their hands so until they figure things out they're going to keep quiet. Nothing is worse than having to back pedal after you think you resolve something.

dstowe2003: I can't imagine the frustration and the amount of patcience you must have to deal with this. I'm sure this will get taken care of appropriately. Ford didnt' get to where they are today without taking care of their customers.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:44 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Hey, what was your ASFC? I retired from the AF in 2004 after putting in 20 year 4 months in the Security Forces
I was a 3E571, Civil Engineer. Surveyor, draftsman, construction management and I loved it!! I miss my job so much. I wish I could have done 20 plus years. Thank you for your service too!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:46 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Dude, don't be a d**k to the Ford rep! She's trying to help as best she can. If you can't be constructive or positive GTFO!

I don't know of ANY other automotive forum that is not OEM sanctioned that has what I consider a dedicated OEM rep keeping an eye on the threads to address issues like these. She didn't have to get involved! I'd hate to lose that because of people like you.

Does it suck the car has been down for that long, absolutely! I'm sure Ford is trying to make sure they don't have a Prius situation on their hands so until they figure things out they're going to keep quiet. Nothing is worse than having to back pedal after you think you resolve something.

dstowe2003: I can't imagine the frustration and the amount of patcience you must have to deal with this. I'm sure this will get taken care of appropriately. Ford didnt' get to where they are today without taking care of their customers.

Very true, I haven't loved Ford vehicles all my life for nothing. My father must be rolling in his grave right now, he brought me up on Ford's. Only Ford in this family!! Such a disappointment.

Quick Reply: My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it