Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a blower with cams? I need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

You can try the "idle relearning procedure".

https://mustangforums.com/forum/7872769-post14.html
Old 03-21-2012, 04:20 PM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
If your that close to brenspeed then forget about Dirty Moes Tuning Shop and have brenspeed tune it. They are FI experts.
They are the ones I got the email tune from. The car isn't running right and it's been no help trying to talk to them. I don't think they have an answer, so they don't want to be bothered.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by robs
Uncharacteristically I haven't been able to get American Muscle's attention.. Usually their Customer Service is awesome. I've called, sent emails with data logs.. Guess I just haven't gotten in touch with the right guy yet...

Have you tried holding it to the wood while cranking it? That's how I get mine to fire when it's real bad.
Funny you should say that because I feel the same way about Brenspeed right now. They also answered any question I've ever had immediately. Now that there is a problem with my tune they keep passing me along to the next person that is no help. They say they'll call back and never do. When you do get them on the phone, they don't remember ever talking to me and I have to explain everything all over again. Basically, in the end they told me if I want my car to run right, that I should take the Hot Rods out and put Detroit Rockers in. What a joke. They need to stick to tuning CAIs and that's about it.

Yeah, I've had it to the floor while trying to start it. No dice, plugs are shot. I'm gonna have someone tune this thing the right way cause I'm not going to keep dropping $135 on a set of plugs every time this happens.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PremiumSilver
Funny you should say that because I feel the same way about Brenspeed right now. They also answered any question I've ever had immediately. Now that there is a problem with my tune they keep passing me along to the next person that is no help. They say they'll call back and never do. When you do get them on the phone, they don't remember ever talking to me and I have to explain everything all over again. Basically, in the end they told me if I want my car to run right, that I should take the Hot Rods out and put Detroit Rockers in. What a joke. They need to stick to tuning CAIs and that's about it.

Yeah, I've had it to the floor while trying to start it. No dice, plugs are shot. I'm gonna have someone tune this thing the right way cause I'm not going to keep dropping $135 on a set of plugs every time this happens.
Hard to believe they won't get back to you. I have Detroit rockers with a Salween sc and I have some small issues at starting but does fine. I think with cams it's something u may have to kinda deal with. I don't have o/d light issue that 808 is talking about. Have u talked to chandler about your issues. I only speak to him. They have been top notch n my dealings with them
Old 03-21-2012, 07:09 PM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I spoke to Chandler numerous times and then he put me in touch with Miles. Like I said, their solution to me was to take the Hot Rods out and get their Detroit Rockers installed. There I supposedly no solution to the tuning issue I have because they are Hot Rod cams and thy pull a lot of fuel at start up.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
piledriver
Banned

All " Blower cams " do are prevent the slight loss of Boost you experience on the exhaust stroke of the piston. Regular cams cause a loss of boost on the exhaust stroke. And no, I have no idea why this would cause fuel delivery problems.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

I know AM (Chris Rose I think) follows the boards. I didn't have time to call AM today. I kept the rpms' at 1000+ this morning and it was fine..

Something is up. Can't believe we both have a similar problem. When you pull the plugs, what are you finding?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PremiumSilver
They are the ones I got the email tune from. The car isn't running right and it's been no help trying to talk to them. I don't think they have an answer, so they don't want to be bothered.
Thats just a damn shame. And for them to say take out the hotrods and put ours in..........total bull****! Very disappointing.

I dont remember who you purchased your cams from but they should be providing you with a workable tune.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 PM
09BlueDevil

I have the hot rod cams in my car as well as the vortech v3. I got it custom tuned and they wrote me a whole tune from scratch and I've had no problems at all. It does do some strange things every once in a whole, but I'm talking like a few times a year. I'd recommend saving the money and having your car tuned while it's on the dyno so that you'll have your own tune and if there is a bigger problem than just the tune dumping too much fuel into the engine, they'll find it.