Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to order a 2013 Mustang from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:27 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Go to edmunds.com and build the car and they will tell you what others are paying in your area. That will give you a target for what you should be able to buy the Mustang for.

Or, join Mustang Club of America (mustang.org) and as a member you can get an X plan pin to buy your new car. I think a membership is something like $50 a year. I get X plan through work as a supplier and the price was just a little over invoice, no haggle other than a trade in value to agree upon.

I went to the Mustang Club of America site (mustang.org) but did not see anything about an X-Plan pin as part of membership (please see link below). Membership is in fact $50 per year in US. Is this a "hidden" benefit?

http://www.mustang.org/content.php/1...MCA-Membership
Old 06-01-2012, 07:43 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan01
I went to the Mustang Club of America site (mustang.org) but did not see anything about an X-Plan pin as part of membership (please see link below). Membership is in fact $50 per year in US. Is this a "hidden" benefit?

http://www.mustang.org/content.php/1...MCA-Membership
Not a member myself but a quick search for xplan took me to this page, after clicking the x plan thread it said info availble to members only.
Hope that helps.

http://www.mustang.org/search.php?searchid=2102647
Old 06-01-2012, 07:59 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Thank you AK. That helps a lot. Went back, did a search and found several threads. You are right - seems that info is for members only. Didn't find a specific answer yet but it is a good starting point. Greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:04 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

What is also good about the X-Plan is that the dealer can only charge a set amount for registration and tag fees. They can't add on a bunch of dealer fees that just inflates their profit margins. My dealer could only charge $375 on top of the price of the car for their fees (this was in Florida). I also bought my wife's Taurus with the X-Plan - truly hassle-free buying at a great price!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:17 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
What is also good about the X-Plan is that the dealer can only charge a set amount for registration and tag fees. They can't add on a bunch of dealer fees that just inflates their profit margins. My dealer could only charge $375 on top of the price of the car for their fees (this was in Florida). I also bought my wife's Taurus with the X-Plan - truly hassle-free buying at a great price!
Sounds great - every bit helps. Now to get an x-plan pin. btw - I am in Florida also.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan01
Sounds great - every bit helps. Now to get an x-plan pin. btw - I am in Florida also.
Where in Florida? I would recommend the dealer where I bought my Mustang from... they sell a ton of Mustangs. They even have their own modding department.