Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible to get 500 rwp on 06 gt auto without boost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
W-body guys think 15 second in the 1/4th is worth bragging. Now for every second you subtract from that, their douchebaggery enlarges proportionately. As others have said, only people on earth who care they outran a Mustang in a w-body are the incredibly few people who modify w-bodies.

I used to haunt the w-body forums and believe me, it takes alot more to make those cars get up and go than people let on. plus the GM 3800 Series 2/3 V6 is a giant unreliable piece of crap that leaks oil out of every damn gasket. Those guys hate any bottom end work done because anything but factory work makes the engines even more unreliable. Iron block/roots blower is recipe for unbelievable heatsoak. Those cars overheat like you wouldn't believe. Biggest nasty word on their forums is KR (knock retard). That phrase is their worse enemy.
That's what I figured. The fact he states he has more than one in his town is very suspect to me.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:31 AM
SoonerStang

For reference just last month had my 09 GT/CS on the dyno at Brenspeed in Dallas and it made 330 HP to the rear wheels with the following mods.

Airraid CAI
FR 62mm TB
FR Intake (Ol' Black Lung)
Pypes full lentgh headers
Pypes X pipe no cats w/ M80 resonators
SSS axlebacks
Detroit Rocker NA camshafts
Old 08-04-2013, 01:12 PM
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

you need a bigger engine if you want 500 rwhp N/A I'd put some exhaust on that baby, dress like you're rich, and let the women flow to you while you just saved all that money, picked up chicks, and still have a sweet car

And on the topic of chicks love S197's, me and my buddy hopped in my GT after some fireworks with some girls we had been talking to there. I let it get up to 3k rpms in first while we cruised from a light and punched it and slammed second pretty good too, and the girls reactions were priceless, "holy sh**, it makes my stomach feel like when I'm on a roller coaster!" "I can't believe this is your car!" haha so if you think your mustang isn't fast enough to impress the ladies, or you need to shut up some guys who drive a GP that are talking smack, let it go and enjoy your car bro. I have some guy with a Honda del sol telling me I'm a pu**y because I won't race him on mainstreet with my GT. I asked what he even has done to it to try to keep up with me, and he's saying oh it's single cammed and runs 11's in the quarter mile. I told him bs and I don't speak ricer but any day he want's to come to the track and throw down an 11 on me he's welcome hahaha then he goes out and proceeds to kill his car trying to spin the wheels from a stop sign with everyone watching, it was priceless, I just sat there and enjoyed my burger, wondering why people with hondas even try... (we were at in n out and he just came up to me asking to race because he knew someone I was with)

Back on topic, 500 rwhp is blower power, and would be much cheaper to do with a blower than N/A. with heads, big cams, full exhaust, a dyno tune done by a pro, I doubt you could knock over 360-370 rwhp still and at that point you might as well go slap on the $4000 vortech kit and put down much more driver friendly power. Also if you (the OP) needed to even ask how to get 500 rwhp N/A out of a stock engine, you need to go do some reading on basic engine mechanics, then some reading about your car, then some reading about why front wheel drive sucks and the go do some burn outs and enjoy your nice car
Old 08-04-2013, 01:37 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

500hp is just a number. You might as well have said 750 or 1000. My wife's grocery getter puts down 403, but my Mustang is way faster. The real question should be, how do I get my mustang in the 12s? My tractor has 500hp, but isn't very good in the 1/4. What are the Grand Prixs running at the track? I used to own a GTP, sure it would run 180, but I don't think it would touch my GT from a dig.
My suggestion to you would be this: Get as much out of your car as you can afford, do it right, don't neglect the tires and suspension. Then when your buddies say "I've got 430 horses in my Grand Prix" you can just smile and say, "I just ran a 12.9".