Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Sync Update: About time...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:25 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by JimC
Whitney or Rebecca - if I understand the Syncmyride page correctly, we can add both phones with one as the primary. Then all the phones that are added should work with Sync, correct? So why won't it work with my wife's phone?

And this morning Sync was working properly in my my Mustang
Hi JimC,

If you're referring to SYNC Services or vehicle health reports, only the primary phone (one user at a time) will be able to use those features. The only way to have 2 devices use that feature is to switch the active number on the account to the person who needs it at that time.

The alternative would be to create a second account for the other user and purchase a separate subscription.

If you continue to have issues, please send me a PM with the mobile numbers and the VINs for the vehicles. I'm happy to look into this further for you.

Whitney
Old 07-10-2015, 11:50 AM
JimC

Thanks Whitney for the clarification
Old 07-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Razzer

how do you sign up to be able to use the "ford owners" site?
Old 07-11-2015, 09:23 AM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I'm curious about a few things, is there a charge to update sync? Do I have to agree to this stuff below?
Looks like ford is saying they can listen to everything I say and do whatever they want to with this info
as well as pass info to my car insurance company.

"By activating or using the Service you expressly agree to the collection, logging, storage, and sharing of your vehicle travel information and other call details for the purposes set forth above in these Terms and Conditions regardless of whether or not you have read them. Further, you agree to obtain the consent to the collection, logging, storage, and sharing of vehicle travel information and other call details for the purposes set forth above from any other person(s) to whom you provide access to and use of the Service via your cell phone. If you don't consent or wish to disclose this information, do not activate or use SYNC Services.

Ford's Service provider 24/7 Customer, Inc. ("24/7"), may record and retain user voice utterances ("recorded utterances"), which are recordings of sounds made when SYNC Services is in listen state and waiting for a user command or response. These recorded utterances may include all sounds in the vehicle, including the voice of the user and voices of other vehicle occupants, while the service is in listen state. 24/7 may also, at Ford's request, randomly record and assemble in sequence, all voice communications made from the time the Service is connected (by the user pressing the VOICE button) to the time the Service is disconnected. ("Whole call recordings (WCRs)"). WCRs will include voice utterances and may include any other sounds in the vehicle, including the voices of the user and other vehicle occupants, during the entire time the Service is connected. Both recorded utterances and WCRs may be associated with you or the cell phone number assigned to the Service. 24/7 records and retains recorded utterances, and WCRs (if Ford requests) for the purpose of improving the performance of voice recognition and to improve the overall design of the user interface. 24/7 Customer, Inc. may share recorded utterances and WCRs with Ford for this purpose, and Ford may use them for this purpose. If you request Operator Assistance, the operator may be provided with your cell phone number and SYNC Service request including your last utterance in order to assist you.

By activating or using the Service, you expressly agree to the recording and sharing of your utterances and WCRs as set forth above for the purposes set forth above in these Terms and Conditions regardless of whether or not you have read them. Further, you agree to obtain the consent to record utterances and WCRs from all vehicle occupants and any person(s) to whom you provide access to and use of the Service via your cell phone. If you don't consent or wish to disclose this information, do not activate or use SYNC Services.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:16 AM
dusman59
1st Gear Member

^^^^ I'm not worrying about this as if there collection of data works as good as their very buggy Sync software it will be pretty much useless.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I'm not worrying about this as if there collection of data works as good as their very buggy Sync software it will be pretty much useless
LMAO!!
Old 07-14-2015, 01:53 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Razzer
how do you sign up to be able to use the "ford owners" site?
Hi Razzer,

Follow this link: http://owner.ford.com/

You'll need to select the option to register; the process requires you to enter your VIN, name, email, mailing address, and mobile number.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Whitney
Old 07-18-2015, 11:54 PM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dusman59
^^^^ I'm not worrying about this as if there collection of data works as good as their very buggy Sync software it will be pretty much useless.
Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
LMAO!!

LOLOL

Yeah, they'll probably call you and ask you to pull fuse #33 every month or so to allow their recordings to start working again.