Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

I needs some help with wheels choices.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:21 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Should have said Ford Dealer, I think I auto corrected something and the dealer went away, I have free rotation and the first 2 times it came out at 32, the door does say 35. Now I set them up before it goes in and tell them to leave it alone
Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Mike1Six

So, I posted something in the wheels section hoping it would gain some traction... but no posts yet. So I'm going to just leave this here for you guys and anyone else who comes along.

I put the tires on Saturday (about 60) in Georgia, of course it has gotten a little colder.

I have two problems, 1 may just be a perceived problem.

1. At a speed of about 20 mph an up I get a droning cyclical humming sound. It appears to be coming from the front left but I can't tell for certain. The frequency gets more noticeable with speed.

Now there are no apparent balance issues I get the car up to 85 with no issues what so ever, smooth as butter. No vibrations, steering feels solid. Really not other wierd noises other than the hum.

Tires are Pirelli P-zeros 145/45/19 with 19" AMR wheels on all 4 corners. The hum is very apparent! I can hear it over the radio and over the wind when the windows down.

Is this tire noise? Is there a break in period? Bad Balance job? something worse? I really think this is too much of coincidence to be a bearing or something.

2. I can't get my TPMS to sync, the next step is to deflate the tires, let the car sit for a while, and and then re inflate the tires and try again. The problem is I don't really have a place to go and do this.

If you guys can offer some advice I'm all ears.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Bob T
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Should have said Ford Dealer, I think I auto corrected something and the dealer went away, I have free rotation and the first 2 times it came out at 32, the door does say 35. Now I set them up before it goes in and tell them to leave it alone
Last weekend I got my oil changed and the tires rotated by the Ford Dealer.
Now you have me wondering if they set mine at 35, I better go check.

Mike - sorry if I side tracked your thread a little. I was hoping you were going to go with the Bullit style wheel and hear your feedback on those, that's the ones I'm leaning towards.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Mike1Six

No Problem. The really like the bullitts and part of me really wishes I would have gotten them.

But what really swayed me on the AMR wheels was the fact I saw to sets of AM deep dish wheels on different mustangs. Now I don't know how old the wheels were but the polished aluminum on the lip did not look good. It Looked dull and scratched.. Given I don't know how they were taken care of it's hard to say anything about the quality of the wheels.

I've also seen cars riding around here mostly Infinities with deep dish wheels, obviously a couple of years old and the lip is just faded and dull. I was afraid my car would end up looking like that.