351 Mustang

I need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
blueboosted95
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I need some help...

I feel ya bro. i say put a carbed 351w in it for a while then go efi later if need be! but you gonna have to make your own motor mounts!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
79mustang93

Then put a used navi motor in it and go with a carb setup, i think sullivan makes the intake for this swap. then later do a blow thru carb setup, them 5.4 are tough engines, if you go over 600hp you need to get better rods
Old 01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07lane40

with a swap "how-to". i have an 07 mustang v6 that i want to drop a stroked 351 (out to 427) into when the warranty is up. i want a very streetable car (its not gonna be raced).that will be converted to efi and i also want to be able to run the a/c with it. i want respectable n/a numbers (it will stay n/a) and very good street manners. i will be keeping the stock t-5 (however it will be built) and will an 8.8" rear hold up well? any help on the build plan would be greatly appreciated. ( i would like to build it myself carbourated first then have it later converted to efi.) thanks for your help.
If its a 07 when is the warranty up?

I havent heard of many 351w stroked to 427 with good street manners

Do they really still come with T-5's

EFI or not it will never be legal

im a noob with this stuuf and ive tried to research it up but i havent found anything.
there is a good reason why

im just stuck on it because of the cubes. i want huge displacement torque and not a real high-revver. and i'd like to stay n/a, so i thought this would be something to look into. i have also considered the nav swap. have any of youall heard of a stroker kit for the 5.4's?
whats your idea of huge displacement?

and ive considered selling the car and buying an older one, but the finances say no(1). i'd be losing a whole lotta money (money that i could use for parts fabrication). ive already customized(2) the car a good bit and it isnt worth anything now. and i love the looks of it so i really dont want to get rid of it. but thanks for your guy's help. and if ya'll find anything off hand, lemme know.
(1)I think you should reconsider your finances than bro, if you are thinking of doing this swap.

(2) Do not tell me you have a body kit or something corny on this car

actually nevermind about the 5.4 stroker. i just dont wanna do the plain-jane 5.4 cause theres alot of newer models doing it and i want something out of the ordinary.
what are you talking about, everyone is always trying to put push rod engines in new style mustangs, personally its stupid, its old technology. And you're not going to ever be out of the ordinary, if you think of it someones done it bottom line.

The best advice you are going to find about your car is what 79mustang93 told you. But if you still are considering going thru all of the hassle than good luck

Old 01-22-2008, 08:19 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

why not just put some boost on the v6?

its not going to be HUGE CUBES, but it will still get down and boogie.

im more into the "sleeper" look then the "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!!" thing [8D]
Old 01-23-2008, 05:44 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

i guess i might just go the easier route of f/i, but i really want that classic v8 rumble. idk. and no i dont have a body kit (i cant stand the new stuff, all looks like rice), but i have custom wheels and lowering springs, cervini's chin and grille and anaftermarket stereo. i dont have to worry about the legality until i move cause there arent any inspections on a car in ohio unless you move, so i could put a freaking jet engine in there and it would still be "legal". and im thinking (its just me) that if i already spent 20k on the car and im not gonna even get half out of it, why spend another 15- 20k on just a new platform? so im just lookin for good ideas. thanks for ya'lls help. i still have a while till the warranty is up. about a year. i just want to have my plans all alid out when i get there. i wanna know exactly what to do (im a perfectionist/planning freak) i just wanted to see if you all could help out. if i was gonna end up doing this swap i'd like to start building my engine soon as a sort of on the side project. i plan on going to school to open my own custom/performance shop. but thanks for your feedback.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 AM
worm2500
1st Gear Member

if you are going through all the trouble to fabricate headers and motor mounts and junk, might as well go with a big block IMO
Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

i thought about that too until i realised i could build a stroker 351. idk. i would like to start a build soon (as apart of my senior project) and i thought big cubes in a smaller package would be good thinking.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM
psuhillbilly150
2nd Gear Member

Fora senior project why not do a cheap buildup that you can complete with limited funds, build a budget drag car out of a fairmont wagon or a two door fairmont coupe,why void an at least 5 year warrenty on the 07 stang doing a 408 or even a 393whichwill net you some incredibly terrible fuel mileage. Keep the new stang for a dd and run the big 8 around town or at the strip, an added bonus if you get into the woods with the high powerd car it would only be a 500 dollar fairmont that you could rip your motor out of. Also thosetwo door fairmonts are fox chassies sofox mustang parts can fit so no header fabrication, and they only weight like 2300 lbs. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

i guess i might just go the easier route of f/i, but i really want that classic v8 rumble. idk. and no i dont have a body kit (i cant stand the new stuff, all looks like rice), but i have custom wheels and lowering springs, cervini's chin and grille and anaftermarket stereo. i dont have to worry about the legality until i move cause there arent any inspections on a car in ohio unless you move, so i could put a freaking jet engine in there and it would still be "legal". and im thinking (its just me) that if i already spent 20k on the car and im not gonna even get half out of it, why spend another 15- 20k on just a new platform? so im just lookin for good ideas. thanks for ya'lls help. i still have a while till the warranty is up. about a year. i just want to have my plans all alid out when i get there. i wanna know exactly what to do (im a perfectionist/planning freak) i just wanted to see if you all could help out. if i was gonna end up doing this swap i'd like to start building my engine soon as a sort of on the side project. i plan on going to school to open my own custom/performance shop. but thanks for your feedback.
+1 I think it would be better if you went this route
Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

alright. ill definitely consider that. the only problem with that would be that i dont have enough garage space. thats why i wanted to do it in to my car. i dont have anywhere to store another car. i could build the engine in my basement and drop it in when its finished, but i dont have the room for another chassis. we already have 4 cars and only a 3 car garage. the stang is mine, my dad's comany car my mom's car and my dad's vette. he wont let me touch the vette (mechanical wise its an old stingray that 99% original)and my mom has to have a car since she cant drive stick so i have no room and my car is not sitting outside. lol. so yeha. idk i mean i have a while to decide, but if i am going to do this for my project i want to start soon so i dont run out of time. i felt like it would be good cause i could build it while still driving my car, spend a couple weeks trying to get it in there over the summer (i could drive the vette if i had to go somewhere) and i'd be done over the summer (if all goes well).