Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Muffler comparrison, Pypes single vs. FRPP duals.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 05:00 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Default Muffler comparrison, Pypes single vs. FRPP duals.

I started out swapping my stock muffler with a Pypes Street Pro (high flow) single axle back muffler. (you could actually see through the muffler, it was so straight. The muffler was LOUD, me neighbors hated me, tone was ehhhh....ok...if you like it LOUD. I could feel a drop in low end torque with this muffler.....not a lot, but noticeable from stock, and our cars win races by jumping off the line quickly....the gains in the higher RPM's might have been better.....

I always wanted duals, for the looks alone, so I finally went with the FRPP Dual's, which I thought sounded GREAT on you tube, and the tips with trim pieces looked perfect to me.
After the dual conversion, I re-gained some of my lost low end torque....YES!@ I can feel the difference!....and the tone/volume!....MUCH better.

I spent roughly $350 for the pypes single muffler(self installed), which went into the dumpster, peppered with surface rust spots after 6 months...money that could have went towards my perfect exhaust system!>

I just wanted to let everyone know, go with the FRPP setup if you want looks AND performance. I should have researched my mods better, but I was a beginner at modding back then.......FRPP, Borla, I think there is a REASON why they are considered the best, anything else is just.....a waste of money.