4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Summit upper and lower control arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 AM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

You sea level guys have it easy with time slips lol. Yep they rose the prices again to 200.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:03 AM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
Thats how we roll in the MD/DE area son

Big nastyyyy
What he said.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
02GTSteve
1st Gear Member

This weekend I installed the Summit Uppers and Lowers and had a quick question. They set came with 4 extra larger bolts and 4 extra bushings. I didn't change them out and just used the bushings that were already installed with the smaller bolts. Is that what everyone else did when they installed them? I also cut my stock springs, front and back, and love the new look and handling.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 02GTSteve
This weekend I installed the Summit Uppers and Lowers and had a quick question. They set came with 4 extra larger bolts and 4 extra bushings. I didn't change them out and just used the bushings that were already installed with the smaller bolts. Is that what everyone else did when they installed them? I also cut my stock springs, front and back, and love the new look and handling.
cutting your stock springs kills the spring rate and should have made it handle and ride worse.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 AM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by twin turbo pilot
Wow Dimebag im after what you've got i refuse to buy any more horsepower mods since i cant plant the power i make now, I want 1.7 60 fts on Nittos. Now pardon my ignorance but how to these upper and LCA improve traction on our cars, what about subframe connecetors, i notice you dont have them Dime. Not worth it or what?
what control arms do to our cars is change the angle in the rear end, by doing this when power is applied the angle of which the power is transfered trhu the driveshaft to the rear is lowered and more "direct". Subframe connectors help stregthn the chassis and when hard launches are done helps eliminate flex on the body (when u see a fox lifting one wheel and not the other).

1.7 on nittos...i wna see that

this control arms are soooooo bad....i did 1.87 on the first try, 1.70 on 2nd try and 1.69 on third try...
Old 01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
speed_monkey
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
cutting your stock springs kills the spring rate and should have made it handle and ride worse.
Have you cut stock springs and drove on them? I did mine not long ago.. It could just be me but the car handles better, doesnt roll near as much and generally just takes corners better than stock.

And before you say I dont know what "good handling" is or anything... I used to own a rx7 with good suspension, I know the mustang doesnt handle good per say but it sure is better than stock.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 PM
02GTSteve
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by speed_monkey
Have you cut stock springs and drove on them? I did mine not long ago.. It could just be me but the car handles better, doesnt roll near as much and generally just takes corners better than stock.

And before you say I dont know what "good handling" is or anything... I used to own a rx7 with good suspension, I know the mustang doesnt handle good per say but it sure is better than stock.
I actually cut my springs after reading Speed_Monkey's post about cutting his and I have to agree the ride is a lot better. It doesn't roll and does take corners a lot better. The ride is a little rough but after hearing how the H & R SS ride it seems like it is the same. Thanks for the motivation Speedmonkey.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:37 PM
speed_monkey
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 02GTSteve
I actually cut my springs after reading Speed_Monkey's post about cutting his and I have to agree the ride is a lot better. It doesn't roll and does take corners a lot better. The ride is a little rough but after hearing how the H & R SS ride it seems like it is the same. Thanks for the motivation Speedmonkey.
np

woot! That's the only reason I took pics and made that post, I was hoping someone that was on the fence about it would just try it and like it.

I actually get compliments alot about it, people are suprised when I tell them it's stock springs haha. Probably doesnt hurt I had 315's out back now and full bassani exhaust, so it just doesnt look like something you would want to mess with

even though its not that fast

Last edited by speed_monkey; 01-12-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:17 AM
twin turbo pilot
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joeymustang
what control arms do to our cars is change the angle in the rear end, by doing this when power is applied the angle of which the power is transfered trhu the driveshaft to the rear is lowered and more "direct". Subframe connectors help stregthn the chassis and when hard launches are done helps eliminate flex on the body (when u see a fox lifting one wheel and not the other).

1.7 on nittos...i wna see that

this control arms are soooooo bad....i did 1.87 on the first try, 1.70 on 2nd try and 1.69 on third try...
Thanks for that explanation, well 1.8 1.9s i just want my car to hook better, whats your setup?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:37 PM
blindboyth

The price went back down to $100 for the red ones. I just bought them and have a vortech v2 sitting in my basement. hopefully this summer i may be posting some 1.6 60 ft times.