4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Exhaust and where to buy it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 07:50 PM
ZAMMiT

Default Exhaust and where to buy it.

I put the stang away for the winter so now its that time to start modding it a lil for when it comes back out in spring. So i'm lookin at exhaust. What brand do you prefer? I was looking at the MAC cat back put a MAC H-Pipe on it too. But any other suggestions? Any benefits to any certain brand? I want it to sound NICE, but i'm not looking too spend an excessive amount like Borla or what not. And where is the best place to order parts from as far as prices? Thanks.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:51 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Exhaust and where to buy it.

LM2s with catted X or pro chamber.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:25 AM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

lol, everytime someone has a question about exhaust, your reply is always LM nanaki. i wish i didn't live in a small town were only 3 people own mustangs, and every one of them have flowmaster, so i could actually hear LMs in person. i want the prochamber but it won't fit on my car [:@]
Old 11-28-2005, 01:38 AM
2003DSGT
1st Gear Member

lm1's with catted x ... iam not just sayin that cause i have lm1's for sale lol but i had a o/r x pipe and it was to loud so thats why iam sellin it but my friend has a catted x pipe with lm1s and it sounds amazing (and i know your thinking well then why dont i just buy a catted x instead of different exhaust... well gf got me the x pipe and rents got me the exhaust... have you ever tried giving back something your girlfriend gave you no way..... lol ) n e ways i got lm1's (gen 1, welded... how ever you wana say it) $275... leme know if your intrested
Old 11-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I have BBK ceramic longtube headers, bbk catted x-pipe and flowmasters 40 series cat back. It sounds awesome, I just put the LT headers and x-pipe on and it made my car sound 10x better. I bought my car with the flowmasters on it though, if it where up to me I would have bought SLP LMII's, I think I am going to buy them eventually. I hear to many good things about the SLP cat back exhaust. Plus the straight through mufflers have to give you more power than the baffle mufflers like my flowmasters. Also I dont have any raspyness that I have heard with the bbk x-pipe, its very smooth. I only hear raspyness with people with off-road pipes.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:19 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: sickspeedgt

lol, everytime someone has a question about exhaust, your reply is always LM nanaki. i wish i didn't live in a small town were only 3 people own mustangs, and every one of them have flowmaster, so i could actually hear LMs in person. i want the prochamber but it won't fit on my car [:@]
that's because it's the one i like most. there's TONS of stangs around here. most have magnaflow and magnapacks. i wanted to be different and got LM1s, which sounded hot, but too loud. ended up getting annoying after awhile. got the LM2s and it was love at first ear. they're so deep and so loud. best combo i've heard. i'd like to hear them with a pro chamber though.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I forgot to mention I bought my BBk stuff from Summitracing.com they are good, pretty cheap, I even think they will meet the lowest price. They did it for me once before, I beleive there still doing it. Also the shipping is free you just pay like $9 for handling, and I got my order in 3 days.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:38 PM
ZAMMiT

is SLP LM some abriviation? i've never heard of the company before..where can i look into it. how much are they,and where can i order it?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

SLP is the company. LM stands for LoudMouth. It's the name of 2 of their resonators. Loudmouth 1 and loudmouth 2. They also have the powerflo mufflers.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:00 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

is SLP LM some abriviation? i've never heard of the company before..where can i look into it. how much are they,and where can i order it?
The SLP Loudmouths will run you about $400 these days. Im planning on getting mine soon.
Look at the sponsors of mustangforums.com here to look for some loudmouth catbacks... Some of the more popular places are lmperformance.com and mustangtuning.com

If you have never heard of the company before, do your research before you dive in. Loudmouths are the LOUDEST exhaust system available today, hands down.. especially when combined with an aftermarket mid-pipe. I am getting the LM1's soon, because I LOVE the noise, and I will be going with the loudest setup possible (Long tube headers, offroad X, and LM1 Catback). Definitely do your research, some people love the loudmouths and others think they are waayyy to loud, personal preference. They are definitely hands down the most aggressive and loudest on the market, giving the car a nice racing sound.. however if you want deep compared to loud, check out magnaflow.

Difference between LM1's and LM2's is:
LM1's = LOUD and deep
LM2's = loud and DEEP

I would definitely go with loudmouth catback if you want a mean sounding car. LM2's if you don't like sound as much, and LM1's if you REALLY want to hear your V8. And then again, if loudmouths are too loud for your liking (Yes LM2's are still very loud) check out magnaflow.. that would be my second choice if I wasnt going with loudmouths.

Hope this helps, good luck.