5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

neutral safety switch probs/how do i override or surpass

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Mustangman_1969

Default RE: neutral safety switch probs/how do i override or surpass

yea it should cuz we jumped a wire between 2 of the holes on the plug and that's how we got it to be able to turn over when we turned the key.......but anyways my car is a bone stock 1986 GT 5.0 HO, like most know it's fuel injected, i don't think i am going to mod it very much for a while so yea, i replace the ignition module cuz i found out that that was bad, idk what else u want cuz it's stock, it's red and black lol i just dont understand y it won't produce any spark...please i need this thing running and i've run outta ideas!>!>![sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 AM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

wow they check that stuff too?? if thats the case im screwed to get on the track...mine starts in gear after the aod to t5 swap. I bypassed it with a wire just looping it. then never hooked up the one on the pedal assembly
Old 04-10-2007, 08:45 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mustangman_1969

yea it should cuz we jumped a wire between 2 of the holes on the plug and that's how we got it to be able to turn over when we turned the key.......but anyways my car is a bone stock 1986 GT 5.0 HO, like most know it's fuel injected, i don't think i am going to mod it very much for a while so yea, i replace the ignition module cuz i found out that that was bad, idk what else u want cuz it's stock, it's red and black lol i just dont understand y it won't produce any spark...please i need this thing running and i've run outta ideas!>!>![sm=dontgetit.gif]
PIP module in the distributor
Old 04-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Mustangman_1969

ok?? well idk exactly what that is but isn't that a part of the ignition module or what?? well idk what to say now....i have a few local guys tryin to help me and they don't know what it is right off hand...but i think the coil is bad even though it tested out....cuz the coil isn't gettin power to the distiburator..we put a plug in the wire coming off the coil and held it against metal to ground it and still no spark jumped, sooo help wold be greatly appreciated...and could it be appart of how we jump the neutral safety switch(the plug for tranny), all we did to try to start it was jumped a piece of cable between to holes that made it so the car will turn over by key..........and so my lights that light up the speedo and stuff went out?? could that be a bad ground>>and which one would that be..hmm...idk i've been thinkin but not succeeding.....HELP PLEASE!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
superduck352

hey dont know if this helps but u just helped me pinpoint what my problem is its the switch underneeth the car that plugs into the newtral safty switch on the transmission that is why you aint giting no spart and why it dont start i already bipassed my starter and it will turn over but no fire so that leeds me to beleave with out a doubt its that blasted switch and mine has like 8 are more wires i own a 95 with same engine last year they put 5.0 in the car made from 86 to 95 so thanks a ton im just gona be narow minded and go to junk yard buy switch off automatic and then mount it on firewall in park posishon so it will crank up then just run the vss sensor so i can read meh speedo