5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Headlight help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Sippix
1st Gear Member

You don't have to get halos in order to have projector housings. There's a multitude of options when it comes to projector housings. With brow LED's, with halos, with both, with none, etc... Do a search on Google to get an idea of what's available.

I personally enjoy the look of projector housings. To me, they're more modern and edgy than a traditional reflector housing. If the OP can get the reflector housings set correctly without blinding passers-by in the encoming lane, then by all means. I'm simply all about safety.

Being that the OP's buddy has a '94, there's a couple options available. There's the split housings that are similar to the OE housings (with a front and side unit), and there's also the single piece housings. I like the single piece housings much more.

Depending on who you buy the HID kit from, the prices will vary from cheap-as-hell to insane mark-ups. There's a single light HID unit and high/low HID unit, as 94Yellow50 mentioned. You'll also have to do a bit of wiring and splicing, depending on the kit, as well. Most kits are just "plug and play" applications. Make sure to read any product descriptions carefully before purchasing. I highly recommend HID's for safer night driving.

When you see people with the purple/blue-ish HID's, that's the higher end of the HID color temps (higher color temps = lower lumens/brightness). The lowest end of the color temps produces a "pure" white light that is almost searing. Make sure to check your local laws to see how low in the color temps (how high the lumens) you can go (since some areas do have these laws). It comes down to a mix of personal preference of color temp and night visibility. But any HID kit is better than your conventional halogen bulb.