5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Oil pan questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default Oil pan questions

Questions at bottom, also Cliffs for story

Okay, to start, if you didnt know (and you probably didnt) i popped the motor in my car, not sure exactly what happened, all i know is that my inexperience was entirely to blame. Basically Senior Burnout +accidental rev limiter hit + backfire = no more engine. Basically, i didnt degree the cam, because i thought i just had to install it straight up, and i also didnt install hardened pushrods (which i believe were needed for my heads, and i found that out after the build). But considering, im surprised it made it this long, and still made 280WHP. Basically, ALL of the pushrods have grooves cut in them from the guides, and 11 of them are bent (which is what i think saved my heads/valves. Every Exhaust valve, and 3 of my Intake valves hit (which explains the 11 bent pushrods). Once again, not blaming anyone but my self, because it was entirely my fault, but now im starting anew

Sort of...

Recently ive been working on the hot rod and the chevelle, because i didnt really care about this damn car, because when the chevelle sells, or a couple months after (if i dont get the money) im going to be buying a terminator for a new daily, to turn the fox into a race car (Road Racer). But yesterday i realized just how boring a FWD Northstar Caddi and an 87 astro van were, and i realized i needed a clutch...

So i pulled the H/C/I 306 out of my brothers car (wrecked) and im gonna pull that apart partially and make it nice. It has Edelbrock RPM heads, E303 Cam, and a GT40 intake, and im not gonna change that, i just want to get the car running, if i want a fast car, im gonna wait for the terminator

Cliffs:
Blew engine in my car
Putting in 306 from my bros car to tide me over
Getting a terminator hopefully sometime this year

Also, In Before Flaming for 18 year old having terminator

Im not stupid, and im going to Bondurant Racing/Driving school sometime this summer, If your only response to this thread is "Youre going to kill yourself in this terminator", Kindly, bend over, and shove it up your ***, and then procede to turn around and walk away, because i dont want to hear it

Anyway, to the question
Im looking into gettin this oil pan
http://summitracing.com/parts/MOR-20521/

One because it looks cool, and 2, because, well, it holds more oil, and more oil = good (its worth the looks for me, the stocker is fugly)

anyways, It says its 7 quarts, does that mean i need 7 +1 for the filter, or no, because the stocker is listed as 5, and you only need 5 for that...

Also, it says it has a 9 inch depth, which is almost 2 more than the stocker, am i going to have to worry about ground clearance with this?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 12:56 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Also, does anyone know what intake gasket i need with these heads?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:01 PM
steve58
1st Gear Member

Thats too nice of a car to be abusing!