5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welp. Off to the G35 forums...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Default Welp. Off to the G35 forums...

Well, I'd like to thank you all for the help and such. Seems I'll be taking a very very long leave of absence from the Mustang community. I've just....had it with this car. I've had this thing since I was 14 and it has gone through 2 engines now and 3 trannys. Just very...exhausted from it all. And I find it laughable that this car ONLY has broken when it was getting driven like a normal vehicle. No high-RPM runs or WOTs. It always has broken just out of the blue. Hell. Damn thing was even voted car out of commission most in my yearbook. :/

Today was the last straw. Was making a turn onto my street to go home after a long day at work. I shift down to second so i'll have power to get through when I'm greeted with the car surging and having no power. Well, at this point, I'm just very confused since it only started this when I started making the turn. I have a mechanical temperature gauge and it's reading a cool 200 degrees. Get out and touch the radiator and it's only slight warm; it was a very cool night. So I drive it home since it'll at least rev to 1500RPMs without any incidence. Get out of the car and go into the house to eat. When I come outside to move the cars around in the driveway, the damn thing will barely get up the driveway. Joy.

Fast forward next morning, I try to start it and it starts right up and then dies immediately. Pumping gas does nothing. Ok. Pop hood and pull dipstick. Mmm, whip cream. Well, right now I just curse out loud. The oil was fine when I checked it last night, and fine all the other times I checked it when the car acted up. Plus I just changed the damn headgasket not even a month ago. :/

So far, for the past year the car has broken down every other week or two without fail. I'm just done. Found a nice 05 G35 and I think I'll just step into the reliability of an import for a while. I'll be back....just not sure how long. I don't even want to look at the damn car right now.

/Endbitchfit.