Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
D00m3dHitm4n
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT 6MT
Default New Breaks

I'm looking to upgrade the full break system in my base GT. But i have no idea what to look for and what good brands are. Money is not really an issue, which brands/full systems would you go with?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. 18" staggered Charcoal AMR rims, rear Hotchkiss LCA and Adjustable UCA, BMR adjustable panhard bar, Bama Performance 91 Race tune, MGW short throw shifter w/ custom engraved grabberpony classic 8-ball shift ****, Tru-fiber venom hoodscoop, JLT CAI *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Kona Blue GT Premium

Even though money isn't an issue, why are you planning on upgrading the brakes? Are they not performing well enough for you or are you needing to scrub LOTS of speed quickly for road racing?

If I were to be allowed to spend someone else's money for my car, I like the look of the Baer Extreme Plus 14" fronts but they don't have a matching rear set...

I love the Wilwood Superlite 6R Big Brake Front Brake Kit (14") matched with the Superlite 4R Big Brake Rear Parking Brake Kit (12.88"). These are way more then I will ever need, but hey, it's not my money right? LOL...

If you don't already have them, you might have to move to a 19" rim to accomodate the 14" fronts... Also, if you were just looking to upgrade to improve the aesthetics, I don't think you could go wrong with the Wilwood's either.

Don

BigDinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
D00m3dHitm4n
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT 6MT

Well no I am not planning to road race any time soon, and i dont want to have to uprade to another size rim. I just got my new 18" AMR rims, so i would rather get breaks that will fit with the 18" rims.
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. 18" staggered Charcoal AMR rims, rear Hotchkiss LCA and Adjustable UCA, BMR adjustable panhard bar, Bama Performance 91 Race tune, MGW short throw shifter w/ custom engraved grabberpony classic 8-ball shift ****, Tru-fiber venom hoodscoop, JLT CAI *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n View Post
Well no I am not planning to road race any time soon, and i dont want to have to uprade to another size rim. I just got my new 18" AMR rims, so i would rather get breaks that will fit with the 18" rims.
Well, Wilwood has other rotor sizes that would accomodate the 18's you have now. Check out their site. Their calipers look sic and I think the red powder coated ones would be a nice contrast... However, if you are going the murdered out look, then they have them in black powder coated as well...

I think for a truly custom look, the lime green that was on the Porsche 918 Spyder concept calipers would make an awesome color for the calipers on a blacked out 'Stang. If only someone could powdercoat them that color...

See what I mean?Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n View Post
Not really the reason to upgrade your brakes. Have you checked american muscle's website?
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoshpitMad View Post
Not really the reason to upgrade your brakes. Have you checked american muscle's website?
Meh.... it's his money... If he can afford it, why not? Not my choice of upgrades, but I don't race it...

Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, black, blacked, car, green, gt, lime, mustang, scosche