AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Bama transfer tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Bama transfer tuner question

Dan - I have an X3 that I bought tunes for life. The tuner is unlocked. Do you know how much it is to transfer that over to my other mustang so I can start buying some parts and tuning it up? The GT500 is just getting too slow now that Im used to it

Thanks - Earl
Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

wcgman,

Sounds like a plan to me! You can enroll your GT500 into our Free Tunes for Life program for $150. However, keep in mind you won't be able to keep unlocking the tuner and switching back and forth between the two cars with the same tuner. After 5 unlocks, the SCT tuner becomes "permanently" locked by SCT. At that point only SCT can unlock the tuner for a fee.

Although, if you're just looking to permanently use this tuner for your GT500, you'll be in good shape. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
Old 08-22-2013, 02:51 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
wcgman,

Sounds like a plan to me! You can enroll your GT500 into our Free Tunes for Life program for $150. However, keep in mind you won't be able to keep unlocking the tuner and switching back and forth between the two cars with the same tuner. After 5 unlocks, the SCT tuner becomes "permanently" locked by SCT. At that point only SCT can unlock the tuner for a fee.

Although, if you're just looking to permanently use this tuner for your GT500, you'll be in good shape. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
I sold the other car so thats not a problem. And I sho' as HELL ain't gonna be lettin the ol' lady be usin' my tunah on her little GT She gonna haf to buy her own tunah!

Thanks Shane
Old 08-23-2013, 09:47 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Sounds good! haha. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane