AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Changing a review on site

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Changing a review on site

Hey Dan or Shane

I was wondering if it is possible to change a review I made a few months ago? I looked around on the site and on my profile and i couldnt find anything. I posted a review right after getting the product and after a few months my opinions on it have changed drastically on it.

Thanks guys as always keep up the good work!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Hey Dan or Shane

I was wondering if it is possible to change a review I made a few months ago? I looked around on the site and on my profile and i couldnt find anything. I posted a review right after getting the product and after a few months my opinions on it have changed drastically on it.

Thanks guys as always keep up the good work!
Hey Mobiusone stang,

I don't believe there's an option to edit reviews at the moment. If you like, you can always submit a second review on the same product. Then send me your user name and email address. I'll have the old review deleted for you.

If you don't mind me asking, are you changing the review for the better or worse? If it's worse, mind shedding some light on the issue for me? Anything I can assist you with?

Shane
Old 01-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the insight Shane!

Sadly it would be for the worse, but only marginally so! I bought the MMD rear window louvers about 4 months ago and had a tricky install because you needed to get it right the first time, not really a big deal. But after two weeks the washers and nuts started to rust which was really annoying being that it only took two weeks for something that shouldnt have rusted in the first place. I made sure to state both of these in the review so as to give knowledge to other customers. Heck I made sure to tell them to just take all the nuts off and spray them with rustolem. But why I wanted to change was it has been giving me fits the past few weeks. Because of a rare freeze here in Texas, the plates have been coming off the window one after the other. Which woundlt be so bad but as you can figure I have to fish them out without harming the others that are still stuck and then peel off the tape and retape it. That is the part I am upset about. They look great but i keep having to fix things about it structurally. If these keeps happening I probably will take it off. The worst part is is that it's probably the worst product I have bought from AM, even though i still consider it decent unto itself, which say alot about your products. I dont mean to rant and I definitely dont want to be "that customer". I just wanted to make sure I could give my opinion on the product and let others make their own judgement from it. And if it helps make the product better for others, then all the better.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Thanks for the insight Shane!

Sadly it would be for the worse, but only marginally so! I bought the MMD rear window louvers about 4 months ago and had a tricky install because you needed to get it right the first time, not really a big deal. But after two weeks the washers and nuts started to rust which was really annoying being that it only took two weeks for something that shouldnt have rusted in the first place. I made sure to state both of these in the review so as to give knowledge to other customers. Heck I made sure to tell them to just take all the nuts off and spray them with rustolem. But why I wanted to change was it has been giving me fits the past few weeks. Because of a rare freeze here in Texas, the plates have been coming off the window one after the other. Which woundlt be so bad but as you can figure I have to fish them out without harming the others that are still stuck and then peel off the tape and retape it. That is the part I am upset about. They look great but i keep having to fix things about it structurally. If these keeps happening I probably will take it off. The worst part is is that it's probably the worst product I have bought from AM, even though i still consider it decent unto itself, which say alot about your products. I dont mean to rant and I definitely dont want to be "that customer". I just wanted to make sure I could give my opinion on the product and let others make their own judgement from it. And if it helps make the product better for others, then all the better.
I hear ya there! If you would like to made a new review you're more than welcome. I'll have your old review deleted for you.

I do appreciate the feedback. It's definitely helpful for future adjustments or tweaks. Especially rusted bolts. It sounds like MMD needs to switch to stainless steel for those.

Now the adhesive tape that you used for the hold downs, I thought I remember you mentioning you've taken them off once or twice because of issues installing it? When you put new tape on, how did you clean the old tape off? It's really important to completely clean the all residue off with alcohol or some solution. If any kind of moisture gets in there, it will freeze in the winter time and pop the fittings off.

Thanks again for shedding some light of this! Let me know if you would like the old review deleted too.

Shane
Old 01-31-2014, 04:36 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Yes yes I did make sure about cleaning them off. I just hope it was a freak kinda deal. Thankfully it freezes like twice a year here in Texas. I think if a customer was to install it correctly they would not have many problems. I'll rephrase my original comment and I probably dont want to change the review, I just wanted to make sure constructive criticism was heard so the product can be made better. Because for me it would be great to see MMD continue making and developing products like they do.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:13 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Understood! I am glad you came forward with your concern though. We're always looking for customer feedback to send out for manufacturers to make improvements or be aware of a possible concern/symptom. This thread is a perfect example of customer feedback that will go directly to MMD!

Thank again!

Shane